Skip to main content

I Really Hate Mondays...

Can someone please remind me why I have to work?  I want to stay home.  I don't even have to be sleeping right now, if I could be cleaning or whatever, I'd be fine with that.  I just hate this whole work thing, it sucks.  I'd much rather be a "stay-at-home-mom".  I'm not saying that that's easier by ANY means but I just have so much to do outside of work that I never get anything done.  It sucks especially after a busy weekend.

So, I started out the weekend with Jill's birthday celebration.  We'll just say that Mandie was feeling pretty dang good by the end of the night.  Oh yea.  There was no throwing up but at one point, I came into the bar & leaned my head on Jill's husband's shoulder.  Ha!  We even went into "teenager mode" & took some selfies:

The birthday girl & I.

Sassy, Chelsie.

Gangsta Jill & Chelsie.

Badass Mandie & Chelsie.

Ha!  We had so much fun.  There were many, MANY more pictures but I cleaned a whole bunch out cuz we looked like fools.  Tee hee!

Saturday was another birthday celebration for my friend, Gladys.  We hit up a sand bar on the Wisconsin River & hung there until a storm came in.  Since we had children with us, we were pretty well behaved...plus, this girl was hungover from the night before.  Ha, ha!

Birthday Girl, Gladys.

FM hates the loud motor.  Ha!

Pretty lil IM.


C building a sandcastle.



Future love - C & IM.  <3

& then yesterday, I just did some housework, played a little Wii & rested.  I was pretty dang tired after the crazy weekend.

Oh, I almost forgot - I'm already in bed watching an episode of New Girl when I hear Goose yelling my name.  I get out to the living room & he's ducking as a bat is flying around.  Now, I used to be quite the "bat wrangler" at my old place so I snapped into that mode.  I told Goose to close all doors as I ran to get the broom.  It only took a couple of minutes, a few screams & one time hitting myself to get the bat outta the house.  

What...a...weekend.  :)

Comments

  1. WHAT there was a bat in your house?!?! That is insane... I mean I'm not particularly afraid of bats I don't think... but I would absolutely FREAK OUT if one was in my home! It's so nice that you guys got to go out and act like teenagers (haha) for your friend's birthday. Now that I'm a mom I feel like people expect me to be all grown and classy and have 2 glasses of wine and then be done buttttt that's just not my style! And you on the water with a hangover... that was me at the zoo on Sunday hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yea, bats don't bother me one bit. Now if it were a snake, I would be hauling ass! I HATE snakes!

      I typically do behave myself but I let loose & it was a lot of fun to do so. I'm usually more worried about getting home cuz my hubby doesn't quite know when to quit so I always have to drive but since we were so close to home, we walked so I didn't feel like I couldn't drink. It was nice. :)

      Delete
  2. I have to agree, Mondays often steal all the joys of weekends. But, if you had a great weekend - like you clearly had - then you should just forget about those Monday blues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monday blues have now been forgotten...however, it does help that it is Tuesday now. Tee hee! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli &/or April.

My five this week is ways to stay warm when it's frickin' freezin' in Central Wisconsin.

  1.  Drinking warm beverages - coffee, cocoa, tea.  Add some Rum Chata or Baileys for a lil extra warmth.  

  2.  Set yourself on fire...or sit really close to a fire &/or space heater.

  3.  Take a long hot bath maybe enjoy your warm beverage as like Olaf is doing.

  4.  Bundle up like Randy does in A Christmas Story - "I can't put my arms down!"

  5.  Just stay in your nice warm bed snuggled up with your cats & a good book or Netflix.