Skip to main content

To Be Honest Tuesday...

To be honest, have you ever just sat back & wondered how different your life would be if you met your significant other earlier in life or if you got that one job in a different town, etc?  I'm sure that you have wondered that & I've been wondering that a whole lot lately.  If Goose gave me a second look the first time we met (yes, we met while he was going through his divorce from PPB but I worked for his divorce attorney, probably not the best time to pick someone up), how different would the girls be today if I had entered the picture when they were younger.  Would Goose & I have any children together?  What if I didn't lose the baby we did have together?  Would we have stayed together or was the loss what held us together?

I know that it's not good to be wondering "what if" but from time to time, everyone does & this is a time I've been thinking a lot about it especially the baby part.  Who would Jackson Scott/Cadence Lillian be?  Would he/she have my calm demeanor or Goose's craziness?  How would Sunshine be as a big sister?  What would be his/hers favorite song to dance to be?  Would Trouble be around more & behave?

Tons of questions that I'll never have the answers to.  Do I like my life the way it is?  Of course but there is always that thought of "what if"...

Comments

  1. I think that wondering "what if" from time to time is natural... we're curious beings! It's just not good to DWELL on it in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right, my friend. :)

      Delete
  2. I never knew about this. I don't know any details, but I'm sorry you are still hurting or "wondering" about your baby. They are belated, but please accept my condolences to you and Paul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You are the only family member that knows now. My mom doesn't even know. It was when Paul & I were first dating so, in some way, I guess it was kind of a blessing cuz we didn't know that where we were headed. Plus, I wasn't that far along & that's why I didn't tell anyone as I wanted to wait...guess that was a good thing.

      Love & miss you lots!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli &/or April.

My five this week is ways to stay warm when it's frickin' freezin' in Central Wisconsin.

  1.  Drinking warm beverages - coffee, cocoa, tea.  Add some Rum Chata or Baileys for a lil extra warmth.  

  2.  Set yourself on fire...or sit really close to a fire &/or space heater.

  3.  Take a long hot bath maybe enjoy your warm beverage as like Olaf is doing.

  4.  Bundle up like Randy does in A Christmas Story - "I can't put my arms down!"

  5.  Just stay in your nice warm bed snuggled up with your cats & a good book or Netflix.