Skip to main content

Why Am I Such A Girl...

Okay, so my hubby got home yesterday after being gone for ten days to the EAA Fly-In in Oshkosh.  So, needless to say, I did miss him...except when I was arguing with him about this & that during the afternoon.  He never listens.  Anywho, so just as I'm finishing up my episode of Orphan Black, he's crawling into bed.  I did a few other things & finally got settled in.  Well, I told him to move a pillow between us cuz I wanted to cuddle up to him (which he always complains that I don't do enough of).  I get this response:  "it's too hot, I'll just rub your back".  I didn't want my back rubbed, I wanted to cuddle up to my husband who was gone for ten days & then get a little something more.  So, I just laid there pouting & decided not to say anything more.

I was so upset with him, with myself.  Why is it so hard for me to just say:  "I wanna cuddle & have sex"?!  Even writing it here makes me feel wrong almost & I don't know why.  I should be able to just blurt that out to him, right?  Why can't I?  I'm not a prude but I've never been the girl to be like "hey, lets go screw".  I'm not that girl.  There are some things that I wish I could do for my hubby but I just cannot bring myself to do.  Example:  dancing.  My excuse is that I never danced before unless I was drunk & I feel silly dancing to Living Dead Girl by Rob Zombie for just him.

Am I just weird?  Anyone have any pointers?  Help, please!

Comments

  1. Were you feeling overly sensitive? For the most part I can straight up tell Eric what I want or expect for the evening... but every once in awhile I get all hormonal, or sensitive (with good reason, I can't always blame hormones!) and I think that Eric should just KNOW what I want... so I don't say anything because... I'm sensitive?
    Anyway, Eric will do the same thing. I want to cuddle and he says it's too hot. Even when I'm trying to hint that I want something more, he only hears the words that come out of my mouth. I've learned that no matter how much I want him to read between the lines, he truly only hears what I say, so I have to be more blunt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably right. I do need to be more blunt about what I want but I suppose that I was a little sensitive because it was right before my period & with him finally being back home after ten days, I was pretty emotional. I just need to work on being straightforward.

      Thanks, girlie! :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Courtney. Guys aren't smart enough to read between the lines... they literally only hear what you say. You say you want to cuddle and he's like heck no it's hot. You say I want to have sex and he will most likely be like hell yes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are both very right. I just need to stop being such a girl & just say what I want. I've been with him for over four years & married for almost one, I should be able to just be like "give it to me". Ha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli &/or April.

My five this week is ways to stay warm when it's frickin' freezin' in Central Wisconsin.

  1.  Drinking warm beverages - coffee, cocoa, tea.  Add some Rum Chata or Baileys for a lil extra warmth.  

  2.  Set yourself on fire...or sit really close to a fire &/or space heater.

  3.  Take a long hot bath maybe enjoy your warm beverage as like Olaf is doing.

  4.  Bundle up like Randy does in A Christmas Story - "I can't put my arms down!"

  5.  Just stay in your nice warm bed snuggled up with your cats & a good book or Netflix.