Skip to main content

Around the Horn: Favorite Player...


Favorite player...oh, this is gonna be hard one cuz if I had to choose, my favorite player actually doesn't play for the Brewers anymore.


Corey Hart.  He's actually the one that got me into baseball & not because of his looks or his athletic ability - it was all because of his name & a certain song from the 80's:



I would always say:  "ah, Corey Hart...does he too wear his sunglasses at night?"  He was my man.  I had many of the t-shirts with his name on the back.  I voted non-stop for him during his run at the All-Star Game.  I was a fan!  Then...then, he left the Brewers & me for the Mariners & then off to the Pirates.  So, the good thing with the Pirates, the Brewers play them a lot so I'll see him again.  Awhoo hoo!

Now, if I had to choose my favorite player from my favorite team, I would probably go with Scooter Gennett & again, not because of his looks or ability but because of his name.


Okay, maybe he's a little cutie.  :)  

The Brewers' team has changed so much that it's hard to pick a favorite cuz they'll be traded off before you know it.  The only one that we can keep around is the lying druggie:


Ryan Braun sat behind this podium & broke my heart.  I stood behind him the first time there was steroids talk but then he did it again.  He lost me as a fan.  I'm not even kidding.  I took down his things I had hanging on the wall, I gave all my Braun shirts to Goodwill, he broke my heart & I don't know if it'll be a break that will ever be mended, he can try but I do know that I'll never buy another Braun item again.

Good Lord, get me talking about baseball & look at me go.  Again, Jessa & Kasey, I love this link-up!  :) 





Comments

  1. OKAY Scooter, I would be his fan based on his name too. for sure. but bummer about Braun man. I hate when they can't just be adults about things. "sorry guys I made a mistake" it's not that hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can cheer for Scooter, I'll letcha. Ha, ha! :)

      Delete
  2. I feel your pain on both counts: my favorite player was traded away several years ago, and I went to the same school as Ryan Braun (AND we're both Jewish!) so that was a huge betrayal. I totally approve of Scooter, though! Great name + adorable = totally winner. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You went to the same school as Braun, you've gone to a pretty popular school as I know that he isn't the only "famous person" to come from there.

      If you would like to cheer for Scooter with me, that would be great! Ha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli &/or April.

My five this week is ways to stay warm when it's frickin' freezin' in Central Wisconsin.

  1.  Drinking warm beverages - coffee, cocoa, tea.  Add some Rum Chata or Baileys for a lil extra warmth.  

  2.  Set yourself on fire...or sit really close to a fire &/or space heater.

  3.  Take a long hot bath maybe enjoy your warm beverage as like Olaf is doing.

  4.  Bundle up like Randy does in A Christmas Story - "I can't put my arms down!"

  5.  Just stay in your nice warm bed snuggled up with your cats & a good book or Netflix.