It seems like forever since I've done one of these...which is true, the last one I did was May 8th. I've been slackin'! Eeek! Anywho, my Friday Five for today are things I love during the summer:
1. Baseball games. I'll be venturing to the first Brewer game of the season tomorrow for Star Wars Night. I am excited...I would probably more excited if the Brew Crew were on top of their game but they are not. So, I think that I'm more excited about getting some Heavenly Nuts than the actual game. Sorry guys but when you pull your heads outta your butts, I'll be more excited for a good game.
2. Campfires. I love toasting my toes by a campfire & maybe making some s'mores with PB cups. Yummy! & chatting, oh, I love the chats that are held around the campfire. They are quite entertaining from time to time.
3. Sitting by the lake with my book. During the summer, I like to drive to either a local lake or the river and read my book during lunch. That will be starting not next week but the week after when the girls are on summer break. If they are home, I don't like to be home cuz lunch is a time for me to unwind a little bit.
4. Going boating. See that boat that's docked, that's Paul's parents' boat that we like to take out. We stop at local eating establishments on the lake even though I typically pack a cooler of drinks & goodies. I love boating, it probably is my favorite summer activity.
5. Being a porch monkey. I love sitting on the front porch whether it's to eat or read or visiting with neighbors. If I'm seen out there, people will venture & then we chat into the night & maybe enjoy some ice cream or drinky-drinks.
What are your favorite things about summer?