Skip to main content

Friday Five...


Another Friday...wow, it just seems like it was Friday.  Ha!  Anywho, this week's Friday Five are movies that I cannot wait to see.  The hubby emailed me this morning & told me that they are releasing Sinister 2.  I loved the first one, so good.  So, here are some upcoming flicks that I cannot wait to watch:


  1.  Star Wars:  The Force Awakens.  First of all, how badass is that movie poster?!  Shit!  I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan but I am a fan of the franchise - except for Episode One, I really disliked that one.  Anywho, when I saw the preview with Han & Chewy, I almost lost it.   Add the Ewoks & I'm done!  Tee hee!


  2.  Mockingjay:  Part II.  I am really anxious to see how they do some things that were in the book.  It's gonna be intense.  For those of you that haven't read the books (which I urge you to do so), you're in for a wild ride cuz it's gonna get CRAZY!


  3.  Ant-Man.  Yes, you read that correctly, Ant-Man.  I'm a huge fan of Paul Rudd & I've become a real superhero nerd as well so this movie is right up my alley.  Also, I cannot wait to see all these superheros come together - The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy - it's gonna make my head blow up, that's for sure.  Ha!


  4.  Minions.  Seriously, if you do not like the minions, you have no soul cuz they are the best things EVER!  They crack me up!  Even my grandfather loves them & wants to see the movie...but when it comes out to buy/rent cuz he doesn't do theaters anymore.  Anywho, an entire movie dedicated to these guys - count...me...in!  :)


  5.  Paper Towns.  I got this book read & now I'm ready to view this film.  If the studio did half as good as they did The Fault in Our Stars, this movie is gonna be great.  I did like TFIOS better than this book but they are pretty different from each other.  All I know is that I really like John Greene so I'm pretty excited to see this.

Comments

  1. Oh, I need to read that last book. I loved TFIOS! And I'm so excited for the final Hunger Games movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should totally check out Paper Towns. The movie comes out in a couple of weeks so get 'er read so you can compare to the flick! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm really curious how they're going to do certain things in Mockingjay with the death of Phillip Seymour Hoffman because his character plays such a big role. There will not be enough tissues for me to get through that movie I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gonna be a rough ride. I do know, however, that PSH only had a small bit left to do when he died & they got the approval from his family to do what they had to do digitally. It should be interesting.

      Delete
  3. Yesss Paper Towns, I am SO EXCITED. Super duper nervous to see who he's casting for Looking For Alaska, one of my very favorite books, now that Paper Towns is coming out. Also, excited for Mockingjay Part 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are they doing Looking for Alaska?! That is on my list to read & I hope to get to that next. I love his books, he's amazing. :)

      Delete
  4. SUPER excited about Mockingjay part 2! Is it November yet?! ;) I didn't think I would be interested in seeing ant-man but the preview actually looks really good! I'm pumped about that. AND Inside out ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, the whole idea of Ant-Man kinda had me raise an eyebrow but I just know that I have to give a try - I mean, Paul Rudd & Marvel - awesome. :)

      Inside Out, yes, I want to see that one too. It looks hilarious!

      Delete
  5. ahh can't wait for mockingjay part 2!!! looks SO GOOD! my husband wants to see ant man so bad but I'm not sure what I think yet haha
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, Ant-Man is gonna be a different one & probably not one of the best Marvel films but gotta give it a try. :)

      Delete
  6. My 7 year old stepson is with us this weekend...we may go see Minions tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, if you saw it, you'll have to let me know how it was. Those lil guys crack me up! Tee hee!

      Delete
  7. This is awful but I've never seen any movie with the minions in it. I know they're from a popular movie but I don't even know what the name is!! I need to catch up with the times! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, girl, go out right now & rent Despicable Me 1 & 2. They are awesome. Not only will you get the minions, you'll get lil Agnes too who I love - "it's so fluffy!" Ha, ha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli &/or April.

My five this week is ways to stay warm when it's frickin' freezin' in Central Wisconsin.

  1.  Drinking warm beverages - coffee, cocoa, tea.  Add some Rum Chata or Baileys for a lil extra warmth.  

  2.  Set yourself on fire...or sit really close to a fire &/or space heater.

  3.  Take a long hot bath maybe enjoy your warm beverage as like Olaf is doing.

  4.  Bundle up like Randy does in A Christmas Story - "I can't put my arms down!"

  5.  Just stay in your nice warm bed snuggled up with your cats & a good book or Netflix.