Skip to main content

Friday Five...


It's Friday, Friday, Friday!  Awhoo hoo!  & my theme for this Friday's Five are "Things I'm Gonna Do With My Alone Time".  I love my husband & my stepdaughters (well, Trouble is debatable - ha!) but I am SO excited for some alone time & I just know how to fill it.

  1.  Dinner & movie dates.  Tonight, going to have dinner & see Self/Less with Ashlee.  Thursday, dinner & Magic Mike XXL with Jen.  Now, I've never seen the first Magic Mike but I suspect that the story line isn't all that in-depth that I would be required to view it before seeing the second one.  As you can tell, Jen wants to see Magic Mike, not me.  She's all about Channing.  Ha!


  2.  Do some binge watching.  I'm currently watching the third season of Grimm & I plan to finish that up real quicklike & starting another show...maybe Once Upon A Time.  I don't know, I haven't decided yet.  Or maybe I'll go with a classic like Gilmore Girls or something.  Ha!


  3.  Read.  Between my binge watching, I may take some breaks to read a chapter of my book for my summer book challenge (which has not been going very well - sigh).  Right now, I'm reading Naughty Neighbor by Janet Evanovich.


  4.  Organizing/cleaning.  Without the disruption of children or husband, I'm going to do some re-organizing specifically the mess on top of our fridge.  I bought cheap little bins to hold snacks & stuff but one of the bins is totally broken & I want to get different bins & re-organize that.  Plus, I wanna do some cleaning of the basement, getting rid of things that no longer have a use or won't fit the girls - ice skates, etc.

Or husband...

  5.  Something crafty.  I've been wanting to do some sort of canvas with sayings of love or something cut from magazines.  I think that I'll throw some records on the player & do that...or at least, something crafty cuz it's been too long since I've done something crafty.


Comments

  1. GILMORE GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!! I've never seen the Magic Mike movies either haha... I can't imagine it will be hard to follow along if you skip the 1st. It's probably just half naked men dancing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love me some Gilmore Girls & it's been a really long time since I've watched it. We shall see what I'm in the mood for when I'm done with Grimm. :)

      Delete
  2. I've been binge watching tv while breastfeeding and have been reading...but only parenting book, haha. I need to find a new show, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I'm not quite sure what I want to watch after Grimm. I tried Orange is the New Black but just couldn't get into it. I thought about watching Under the Dome.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli &/or April.

My five this week is ways to stay warm when it's frickin' freezin' in Central Wisconsin.

  1.  Drinking warm beverages - coffee, cocoa, tea.  Add some Rum Chata or Baileys for a lil extra warmth.  

  2.  Set yourself on fire...or sit really close to a fire &/or space heater.

  3.  Take a long hot bath maybe enjoy your warm beverage as like Olaf is doing.

  4.  Bundle up like Randy does in A Christmas Story - "I can't put my arms down!"

  5.  Just stay in your nice warm bed snuggled up with your cats & a good book or Netflix.