Skip to main content

Friday Five...


The last Friday in July, the last day of July.  Where has the summer gone?!  Dang!  Life has already been crazy & it's just gonna get crazier with the month of August & then school starts.  Awhoo hoo!

Anywho, my Friday Five this week - I've gotten back into pinning on Pinterest now that I have my new Kindle & it doesn't take about a minute to pin one thing - ain't nobody got time for that.


So, here are five of my favorite latest pins:


  1.  Finally, finally, finally gonna start reading this book.  I'm pretty excited.  I hope after running a couple of errands today that I'll be able to get a chapter in.  Awhoo hoo!  I love me some John Green, he's amazing & if this book is anything like The Fault in Our Stars and Paper Towns, I won't be disappointed.


  2.  How stinkin' adorable is that?!  I wanna do that to my nails this weekend.  Lately, I've just slapped on some polish with my accent nail being plain ol' white.  I need to start getting fancy again so I'm gonna have to do this.  As the kids would say:  "totes adorbs".  Ha, ha!


  3.  This is me & "C".  Him & I always talk about getting hangry & that we need to eat when we're hungry or people will die.  No jokes.  You know those Snickers commercials, that's "C" & I if we're in need of food.  It's funny cuz it's true.  Tee hee!


  4.  Like I need anymore tattoo ideas but when I saw this, I knew that I had to have something similar to it.  I have been getting the scratch but I should probably finish up the ones on my shoulders & lower back before deciding on this one.  A tattoo girls' work is never done.  ;)
  5.  This is for a couple of folks - Tom Brady & Trouble.  Lets start with Tom.  As some of you may know, I was a HUGE Tom Brady fan.  Loved him, cheered for him, had a jersey t-shirt of his, etc.  However, he has not claimed a seat in the same boat as other sports men that have wronged me - Brett Favre & Ryan Braun.  Now, if Tom would have just would have been, "yea, I screwed up, I had that guy deflate the balls, my bad", I would still be Team Tom.  But he didn't do that, he claimed that he had nothing to do with it, that he wasn't a cheater, blah, blah, blah.  Okay, if that was the case, you turn everything over that the NFL wants.  If you have nothing to hide, share it.  He did not & that's where I feel wronged & heartbroken.  After the debacle with the cellphone, I came home that night & threw my Tom Brady shirt at Paul & told him to do what he wanted with it - burn it, rip it up, whatever.  Paul's dream had finally come true, I was getting rid of my Tom Brady shirt (he hates Tom).  So yea, that's the deal with Tom.

As for Trouble, you all know that story but she was home for supper the other night & asked why I was so upset with Tom.  I pretty much said the above & that I could not stand liars.  Lying would not get you anywhere with me and kinda made it about her as well but I'm sure that she didn't catch it.  

I keep it real, I've always done that.  I learned at a young age that I was a terrible liar & that I always got caught so I stopped that & I tell it as it is.  I don't have to think about what I'm gonna say when people ask me things cuz I just blurt it out cuz that's what's right there, the truth.  So yea...

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Yea, I'm that way as well. Tee hee!

      Delete
  2. those nails are a must! too cute. and I'm feeling about hangry right now myself. lol
    trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that I may have a Pinterest Fail to share on Monday but I'll try that painting of the nails. We'll see what we get.

      I was getting hangry as well but now I'm munching on some crackers while I enjoy my afternoon Mountain Dew. :)

      Delete
  3. My husband jokes about my hungriness lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Food is very important & we need to eat cuz being hangry doesn't do anyone any good. Ha!

      Delete
  4. I have no idea what you're talking about with deflated balls but I am sad that whatever happened has you so upset!!!!!! BUT LOOKING FOR ALASKA IS MY FAVORITE. Nothing really happens and yet everything happens. Alaska is my favorite John Green character!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about 10% into the book per my Kindle. Ha! I'm pretty excited about the book. I'll keep you posted on my progress & thoughts. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli &/or April.

My five this week is ways to stay warm when it's frickin' freezin' in Central Wisconsin.

  1.  Drinking warm beverages - coffee, cocoa, tea.  Add some Rum Chata or Baileys for a lil extra warmth.  

  2.  Set yourself on fire...or sit really close to a fire &/or space heater.

  3.  Take a long hot bath maybe enjoy your warm beverage as like Olaf is doing.

  4.  Bundle up like Randy does in A Christmas Story - "I can't put my arms down!"

  5.  Just stay in your nice warm bed snuggled up with your cats & a good book or Netflix.