Skip to main content

Musical Monday...

Roses by OutKast

So, I found this amazing playlist on Spotify called Heaviest Hits Throwback Workout with some old hip-hop music like Roses.  Well, I played this song for Sunshine & her friend, AT, on Friday & they were dying.  They thought the song was pretty goofy.  I loved that I could share it with them & hope that they get it stuck in their head like it gets stuck in mine.  Ha, ha!

Anywho, had a three day weekend &, like usual, it was a busy one.  Friday, Sunshine & I were on the road at about 8:00, we picked up AT & headed to Appleton for some shopping.  We even got to the mall before the stores opened so we wasted some time in Target.  I was going to just let them go off & do their own thing but they decided that they wanted to hang with me.  Awww, ain't that sweet?!  It was a successful shopping trip for all of us.  However, I was naughty & bought more bras & unders from Pink even though I have almost an entire drawer of just those two things.  Sunshine made me!  Ha!  We were all done at about 11:30 & headed over to Olive Garden for a delicious lunch, hit up Jansport (which I've never been to before) & then headed home.  I dropped the girls off at AT's house as they were gonna be heading to a rodeo with her mom.  So, I stopped at Book World for two copies of the Sports Illustrated with Brett Favre for my hubby & cousin.  Then home to look at my purchases & get ready to go golfing.  I actually didn't golf, I just rode along as my hubby played against my co-worker's husband.  It was a nice day on the course.  We then went out for dinner & then came home.

Saturday, I got to sleep in a little bit & then got things ready for the 4th of July gathering.  Since we live a few blocks off of the Wisconsin River where they shoot off the fireworks, people tend to come over as we can watch them from our backyard.  For the most part, people were well behaved.  I always get anxious cuz in the past, people have drank too much & drama had happened.  It was pretty tame & I made sure of that especially since we had a bunch of young ones around.  The fireworks were good as well.  I got pictures but I haven't had a chance to edit them yet.  Sigh.

Yesterday, I slept in even later, got up, did my chores & then hung out in my room watching old episodes of SNL while playing games on my Kindle.  Nothing too exciting.  We did have to deal with a sobbing Trouble as she was almost an hour later after she had gotten THREE extensions on her curfew & then had to take a punishment.  She tried to get sympathy from me, it didn't work & she got mad.  Oh well.  She knew she would be in trouble & begged & pleaded but it didn't work.  Someday, she'll learn...maybe.

Comments

  1. Woohoo so important to stay strong on those teenage punishments. My mom always gave into me and I learned absolutely nothing and was out of control haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was SO proud of Paul for standing his ground as she tried everything to get out of her punishment, which wasn't even that bad - she no longer was able to have her friend spend the night. Horrible, I know. Teenagers are such drama. Ha!

      Delete
  2. haha, oh my gosh that song took me right back to high school! Gonna be stuck in my head all day!!! ;) Glad your 4th of July was fun and drama-free, I can relate to getting anxious when certain people are partying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Roses really smell like poo-poo". Ha, ha! All day, in your head. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli &/or April.

My five this week is ways to stay warm when it's frickin' freezin' in Central Wisconsin.

  1.  Drinking warm beverages - coffee, cocoa, tea.  Add some Rum Chata or Baileys for a lil extra warmth.  

  2.  Set yourself on fire...or sit really close to a fire &/or space heater.

  3.  Take a long hot bath maybe enjoy your warm beverage as like Olaf is doing.

  4.  Bundle up like Randy does in A Christmas Story - "I can't put my arms down!"

  5.  Just stay in your nice warm bed snuggled up with your cats & a good book or Netflix.