Skip to main content

Musical Monday...

Jenny by Nothing More

Over the weekend, my aunt introduced me to this song but first told me the story behind it which you can read here.  Powerful, powerful stuff.  Wow.

Anywho, on to my weekend, it was a crazy one.

Friday, right after work, I went out to dinner with my friend, Ashlee, & then we had some time to waste before going to see Self/Less so we did some hiking.


There is a hiking trail that I've never been on & it goes around a pond & is basically on swamp land & through woods.  Very pretty but very buggy, next time, gonna load up on the bug spray!  Ha!  Then we went to the movie which was decent and my review of it can be found here.

Then when I left I noticed that I had some text messages from my cousin, Jennifer, she was inviting me to join them for the Brett Favre induction ceremony in Green Bay the next day.  Now, I used to LOVE Brett Favre, I was going to marry him, he was my world back in the day...until he decided to toy with my heart.  He was going to retire a Packer & that was all us Packer fans ever wanted but then, he decided to go to the New York Jets.  Okay, not happy but I could handle that.  However, he wasn't done, he decided to stab us Packer fans in the hearts & go play for the Minnesota Vikings.  Really?  That was it, I was done.  I wanted to sell all my Brett stuff or burn it or whatever.  I was heartbroken & the very mention of his name put me into a rage.  However, I like the thought of hanging out with my aunt, uncle, cousin, her fiancee & her son so I accepted the invite.

We left for Green Bay at about 11:15.  Car rides with these folks are always a good time - we sang some Journey, Britney, Five Finger Death Punch, etc.  It was great.  We had lunch at Titletown Brewery which I would LOVE to go to again when it's not so busy but I got a BLT & it was delish, I wolfed it down rather quickly.  Ha!

Then off to one of the best places on Earth - Lambeau Field.  It was hotter than Hell so we found ourselves some shade & hung out until the gates opened.  Of course, there were TONS & TONS of people there to watch this thing.  I didn't know what to expect but the stadium was packed with people wearing their Packer gear & some still sporting their Favre jerseys.

When Favre finally came onto the field, he walked out to a five minute standing ovation.  No jokes whatsoever.  He was on the field for about a half hour doing an interview & such.  Here is a video of his thank you to the Packer fans:

video

During all this, Aaron (Jennifer's fiancee) hadn't been feeling well.  We didn't know what we were dealing with but we knew it wasn't good - he was this greenish gray color, he was light-headed & had the cold sweats (it was about 98*).  So, my aunt, uncle & I ran to retrieve the car, drove back to the stadium & picked him, my cousin & her son up.  We ended up taking him to the ER in Green Bay.  Jennifer went back with him but the rest of us sat out in the waiting room.  At midnight, Jennifer came out & said they had to stay as they would be taking his gall bladder out the next morning.  So, we loaded her up with some stuff & headed back home.  It was weird to leave them there but we knew that Aaron was in good hands.  But here are some pics from the day:


"Z", Aaron & Jennifer outside Titletown Brewery.


Uncle Felix & I.


Felix & "Z".


"Z"'s first visit to Lambeau.


Aaron & "Z".


The newspaper we got as we came into the stadium.


Brett on the big screen.

I'm happy to report that all went well with Aaron.  The surgery went as planned & he was on his way home at about 4:00 yesterday afternoon.  Oh, & did I mention that yesterday was his birthday.  What a way to spend your birthday, huh?  Now, it's a story to tell!  Ha!

Then yesterday, it was just Sunshine & I.  So, we cleaned out her dressers & closet, had lunch at Applebee's, did a little shopping, took things to Goodwill, did chores around the house & watched some Grimm.  Yes, Sunshine now likes Grimm & asked to watch it with me last night.  Ha, ha!

So, besides the trip to the ER, a pretty good weekend.  :)

Comments

  1. Trips to the ER are never fun. I'm glad it didn't turn into anything serious. And very glad Aaron's surgery went well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We tried to make the best of it especially with a three year old but he ended up zonking out after being there for about a half hour.

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh! I hope your friend Aaron is okay, that's scary. Take me hiking! Everything in South Jersey / the beach is flat so we have to drive so far to hike and my friends just are not interested in hiking. I've been researching some family friendly hiking places for me to take Lyla alone even but I'm kind of scared it'll be a flop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's fine. He said the only pain he had on Sunday afternoon was from the surgery itself but no more stomach ache. :)

      I don't hike as much as I should, there are some beautiful places to hike here in Wisconsin & I need to take more advantage of that.

      Delete
  3. I'm from Minnesota but have always been a die hard Packers fan and part of me will never forgive Favre for playing for the Vikings. Any other team and we maybe could of still been bffs, but the Vikings were like a stab in the heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, girl, you are now a friend of mine. Us Packer fans gotta stick together! Ha!

      Yea, my heart is still broken from Brett going to MN but the void has been filled by the one, the only Aaron Rodgers. Who, really, I thought was amazing when he came in for Brett in Dallas when Brett hurt his shoulder. I was an Aaron fan ever since.

      GO PACK GO!!!! :)

      Delete
  4. Poor Aaron!! :( I'm glad he is recovering well though- what a birthday?!! I love your pics though- I'd love to see a game there one day. Well, I want to see a game in EVERY stadium hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lambeau is pretty dang amazing. Before it got all commercialized, I made my first trip there for Return to Titletown & when I saw it for the first time, I cried. I'm not even kidding you. I don't get that same feeling but it's still a place to visit especially as a sports fan. Also, if you're in the area, you should go to the Badgers stadium as well - I actually prefer a game at Camp Randall over Lambeau...but that's just me. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli &/or April.

My five this week is ways to stay warm when it's frickin' freezin' in Central Wisconsin.

  1.  Drinking warm beverages - coffee, cocoa, tea.  Add some Rum Chata or Baileys for a lil extra warmth.  

  2.  Set yourself on fire...or sit really close to a fire &/or space heater.

  3.  Take a long hot bath maybe enjoy your warm beverage as like Olaf is doing.

  4.  Bundle up like Randy does in A Christmas Story - "I can't put my arms down!"

  5.  Just stay in your nice warm bed snuggled up with your cats & a good book or Netflix.