Skip to main content

Tailgate Tuesday...



My girl, Erin, over at Love, Fun & Football has this link-up & you best believe that this Green Bay Packer loving girl is gonna partake.  Anything to talk some football!  Awhoo hoo!

I don't remember when my love for the green & gold started or how it started because my parents were not that much into watching football.  My uncle, Kevin, was so I'm sure that I got my love of the game from him & a little guy you may know as Brett Favre.  I loved Brett Favre.  I wanted to marry him & until that day came, I just collected everything with his face on it.  I have magazines & birthday cards & books - it's insane my collection of Favre/Packer stuff.  But then one night in Dallas, I was introduced to a guy named Aaron Rodgers.

I was in love.  With the mixture of Brett's tactics & Aaron's charm & talent, Brett was replaced in my heart.  I know that he didn't have fun in Minnesota & that's called karma.  Anywho, back to my love of the game.  The first time I saw Lambeau Field in-person was for the Return to Titletown after their Super Bowl win in 1996, I cried.  No jokes, I cried.  It was still good ol' Lambeau, no commercializing of the stadium or field so the way it was intended.  I never got that feeling around when I went back after the commercializing.  Don't get me wrong, I love Lambeau but for me it doesn't have the feeling it had before.

I have not had the opportunity to attend many games - five only, Return to Titletown & the Brett Favre Induction Ceremony - but I do love sitting there in my green & gold cheering my boys on.

GO PACK GO!!!!

  

  

  

  



Jump in the Stands by Robert Brooks (I have this on cassette - tee hee!).

Comments

  1. I love this! Football (and the players!) can just take over your heart! We're Colts, Packers, and Notre Dame fans, and I feel the same way about them. And I've shed a tear or two over games and players (Peyton!!! Dang that Alabama!) That's so awesome you've gotten to watch some games at Lambeau. I can't only imagine what the atmosphere is like there on game day!

    Stopping by from Erin's! You should link up with us for Tuesday Talk this week (and every week!) - several hosts are doing the football theme with Erin. We'd love to have you! -Jess, Sweet Little Ones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, they can take over, it's just amazing. I actually have a Colts sticker on my car (I fell in love with the team with Jim Harbaugh was QB & then Peyton, oh how I love him - ha!) & my boss is a Notre Dame fan so I cheer for them as well. :)

      I love me a good link-up so I may have to do the Tuesday Talk as well. Oh yea!

      Thanks for stopping by, Jess! :)

      Delete
  2. Even though I am a diehard Browns fan, I have always like Brett Favre and Packers. Fun fact - I was a Packer cheerleader when I was younger in the youth football organization here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Packers are pretty dang great, that's for sure.

      I love that you were a lil cheerleader for the youth Packer team. Cute. :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for linking up friend!!! :) I love all your pics, even if they are green/gold!! Are are those real tattoos?! I had no idea you had those- awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, those tattoos are real. I got them about a year ago. Probably my favorite out of all my tattoos. :)

      Delete
  4. There is something really special about Lambeau Field! One of the most unique sports venues for sure! Great atmosphere in Green Bay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very, very true. Lambeau tends to be on any football lovers list as a stadium to visit. The Hall of Fame there is pretty dang cool as well. :)

      Delete
  5. Oh my, I'm not a packers fan but I wanted to marry Brett Favre just because of how my grandma cheered them on. Haha!

    Stopping by from Erin's football link up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your grandma is an awesome gal for cheering on the Pack. I love it!

      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli &/or April.

My five this week is ways to stay warm when it's frickin' freezin' in Central Wisconsin.

  1.  Drinking warm beverages - coffee, cocoa, tea.  Add some Rum Chata or Baileys for a lil extra warmth.  

  2.  Set yourself on fire...or sit really close to a fire &/or space heater.

  3.  Take a long hot bath maybe enjoy your warm beverage as like Olaf is doing.

  4.  Bundle up like Randy does in A Christmas Story - "I can't put my arms down!"

  5.  Just stay in your nice warm bed snuggled up with your cats & a good book or Netflix.