Skip to main content

Tuesday Talk...



This is my first time joining the Tuesday Talk link-up & if there is one thing you should know about me, it's that I love me a good link-up.  So, starting next week I'm going to combine my To Be Honest with Tuesday Talk - two birds, one stone.

Anywho, the thing I want to talk about today is Trouble.  I know, I talk about her a lot but she is what pretty much inhabits my brain especially after getting a disciplinary email this morning - the first one of the school year.  She left school grounds without permission so she got a truant charge against her & a detention.  I explained to her before school started that she needed to stay in school or she would have to pay for her phone & that would be $80 a month or she would lose it.  Not much to ask, right?  Just keep your butt in class.  Could she do it?  Of course not.  So, now I'm gonna have to be the bad guy & get rid of the phone.  I tried to explain to her before that she has the power to get what she wants just by staying in class, getting good grades, obtaining a job, etc.  Her grades are up & I'm really happy to see that & she gets to have a later curfew on school nights:  C's or better it's 9:00, B's or better it's 10:00, anything lower than a C & it's 8:00.

So, she's got the curfew thing at a good place - 9:00 currently.  If she would just stay in class with no unexcused absences, she'd have a phone.  If she would get a job & just work a couple of days a week, she would be able to drive the car from time to time.  She needs to learn that to get something you want, you need to work for it.  In less than eight months, she's gonna be 18 & a short month after that, she'll graduate (hopefully).  When she gets out into the "real world" she has to know that she needs to work.  I really feel that she's going to fail, she's going to fall on her ass or depend on a man to take care of her because she won't work, she won't do what needs to be done.  It sucks, I don't want her to fail but I just feel that if she can't do what we ask of her now, what is she gonna do when more is asked of her?  I guess, only time will tell. 

In the meantime, please pray for my sanity...


Comments

  1. I'm sending you good vibes and thoughts! & prayers. You know where I stand on this subject with you. I just wish others would jump on board!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True dat, my friend, true frickin' dat. Thanks for everything! Now, post some stuff about your adventures, dammit! Ha, ha!

      Delete
  2. being the bad cop is never fun but it's necessary sometimes! Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never fun & it's always me, it sucks. Ugh. I'm just hoping that at some point, some screws get into place in her head.

      Delete
  3. As always, I'm sending positivity your direction. Stay strong, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli &/or April.

My five this week is ways to stay warm when it's frickin' freezin' in Central Wisconsin.

  1.  Drinking warm beverages - coffee, cocoa, tea.  Add some Rum Chata or Baileys for a lil extra warmth.  

  2.  Set yourself on fire...or sit really close to a fire &/or space heater.

  3.  Take a long hot bath maybe enjoy your warm beverage as like Olaf is doing.

  4.  Bundle up like Randy does in A Christmas Story - "I can't put my arms down!"

  5.  Just stay in your nice warm bed snuggled up with your cats & a good book or Netflix.