Skip to main content

Friday Five...


Happy Friday, folks.  Well, it's Halloween Eve & my Friday Five will be about my favorite horror flicks.  So, lets get this train a-moving.


  1.  The one, the only, Psycho.  This movie is one of my favorite movies of all-time & I have my cousin, Magnolia, to thank for that.  She had a little party one night & we watched this movie.  I've been hooked ever since.  I have this movie on VHS & DVD along with all the sequels & the remake on DVD.  I cannot stand the remake but I thought to finish out my collection, I should have it.  I should try watching Bates Motel on TV but I'm so afraid that it will not live up to my expectations - Alfred Hitchcock & Anthony Perkins are hard to beat.


  2.  Amityville Horror.  I've read the book, seen the original & went to the theater to see the remake.  Everything about this story interests me.  It took me a long time to be able to watch this movie alone at night but when I finally did, I was so proud of myself.  Ha!  Not only does the story really grab my attention but so does Ryan Reynolds in this movie.  Yum!


  3.  Insidious.  This movie really scared the crap outta me.  I yelled at Paul for turning off the light in the kitchen while I was still in there in fear of the old woman.  No jokes, I really did.  She really haunted me for a bit.  I also love that they did Chapter Two & explained everything.  I really want to watch them back-to-back but have not had the opportunity to do so yet.  So good.


  4.  The Conjuring.  After seeing this one in the theater, I wouldn't go down to the basement that night, I made Paul go down & turn off the left on light.  Ha!  I especially hated that damn Annabelle doll & then they made my worst dreams come true when they made that movie!  Eeek!  I already have a fear of dolls, so Annabelle really freaks me the Hell out!


  5.  Pet Semetary.  I know most people will talk about the worse thing in this movie was Gage but to me...it was Rachel's sister, Zelda.  I mean, look at her, she's scary as Hell!  This book is one of my favorite books of all-time, I've read it at least twice & I've been wanting to read 'er again.  So good, the scary, messed up mind of Stephen King.


What are your favorite scary movies to watch this time of year?

Comments

  1. If you visit LA, you'll have to go to Universal Studios for the tram tour- you'll get to see the Psycho house & Bates Motel sets! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I would love to! Someday, someday.

      Did you like my shout out to you. :)

      Delete
    2. Of course! I remember that night :)

      Delete
  2. I'm with you on Amityville Horror (both versions) and The Conjuring. Those movies freaked me the f@ck out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good. I love them & I think that it's the things "unseen" that get me more than anything else.

      Delete
  3. I've never seen ANY of these! I need to get busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do, these flicks are great! Ha! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli &/or April.

My five this week is ways to stay warm when it's frickin' freezin' in Central Wisconsin.

  1.  Drinking warm beverages - coffee, cocoa, tea.  Add some Rum Chata or Baileys for a lil extra warmth.  

  2.  Set yourself on fire...or sit really close to a fire &/or space heater.

  3.  Take a long hot bath maybe enjoy your warm beverage as like Olaf is doing.

  4.  Bundle up like Randy does in A Christmas Story - "I can't put my arms down!"

  5.  Just stay in your nice warm bed snuggled up with your cats & a good book or Netflix.