Skip to main content

There Is Good In The World...

Lately, there has just been so much negative crap going on everywhere & I posted something on Facebook yesterday & my aunt said:  "Wow, this is truly amazing.  This shows there is still wonderful, loving people in this crazy world."  Now, let me back up a bit.  In case you're new around these parts, over the summer, I attended some Rafter baseball games (they're our hometown team).  Anywho, I feel in love with this guy:


He reminded me of Corey Hart who is my favorite baseball player EVER!

Anywho, check this out, I posted it on Facebook yesterday:  "I got quite a surprise last week, the mother of my favorite Rafter, Samuel Tolleson, contacted me after seeing some pictures I posted of Sam and asked if she could send me a lil something. I never expected this, she is way too sweet. Thank you SO much, Ann Tolleson, you've really made my day! I plan on getting a shadow box to display the jersey and some pictures so when Sam is famous, I'll be able to say "check this out!" Thanks again! 
smile emoticon"

I put that with this picture:


I have not stopped smiling since I got it.  If I wore it, it would be big enough for me to wear as a dress...a short one but a dress all the same.  I, of course, won't wear it as I don't want to wash it in fear that the autograph will wash off.  I cannot have that.  Ha!  But all because I said nice things about her son she sent me one of the coolest gifts I've ever received.  It does pay to be nice.  :)

Comments

  1. How awesome is that?!? I have a similar story. My cousin's 5 year old son dressed as "Marcus Luttrell" from Lone Survivor last Halloween. He was very specific that he wasn't just any soldier; he was Marcus Luttrell. He had heard my cousin (his mom) and my uncle (his granddad) talk about what a patriot he is and what an amazing survival story he has to share. So, my cousin posted a pic in his Halloween costume. Somehow, his foundation found the pic, and they asked if they could send something to her son. Social media CAN be a really cool place sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome! Did he end up getting anything yet? I would be really interested to know what he received. So cool. I love when social media brings out some good. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Currently...

Another month starting with another Currently linkup - awhoo hoo!  So, what does Anne have going on this month?  Well, come along & check it out!  :)

Gathering..."recipes" for my new oil diffuser.  Lately, it's been all about the eucalyptus because Paul has been sick for a week now & I got it a lil bit.  I told him that I'm gonna have a buy a new bottle of eucalyptus before I get a chance to crack any of my other bottles. 

Making...a whole lot of nothing.  We really have not had a sit-down meal in awhile because one of us has been busying doing something or we just don't feel like cooking.  Tomorrow, however, I do have on the menu to make chicken & rice with green beans.  So, we have that.

Sipping...coffee with Sugar Cookie creamer.  It's delish but I am ready for something with some caramel in it.  I love me some caramel.  Yummy!

Following...lots on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat.  My favorite to watch on Instagram/Snapchat is Taylor.  She cracks m…

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…