Skip to main content

The Year 2015: Books I've Read...

Well, it's that time, the time to do end of the year postings.  My first one will be about the books I've read over the year:


  1.  Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me by Chelsea's Family, Friends & Other Victims.  Anything having to do with Chelsea is always a go for me.  I love her & I miss her TV show SO much.


  2.  Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.  I really enjoyed this book but I could not stand the way it ended.  Drove me banana sandwich.  I did also enjoy the movie as well.  Plus, got to see Ben Affleck's "business".  Tee hee!


  3.  Invisible by James Patterson.  I love, love, love me some JP.  His books rarely disappoint & this one was pretty dang good.  I always recommend JP to people & would recommend this one as one to check out.


  4.  Paper Towns by John Green.  I know that it's been awhile since I've said it but I really love John Green.  His books always capture me & I speed through them quickly.  Great reads & the movies aren't too shabby either.  I did buy this movie as soon as it came out but have not had a chance to watch it yet.  I should really fix that.  :)


  5.  Zoo by James Patterson.  This book was amazing!  My favorite book that I read this year.  I finished it in about a week & that's pretty dang fast for me.  I loved it from the first page all the way to the last.  The show though, blah!  It's was SO far from the book that my coworker & I stopped watching it after two episodes.


  6.  L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad.  I love LC, I really do & this book/series has been on my "To Read" list for quite a long time.  I was not all that impressed.  It wasn't bad but it wasn't that good either.  I most likely won't read the rest of the series.  Sorry, Lauren.


  7.  Naughty Neighbor by Janet Evanovich.  I like the silliness that Janet puts into her books but I read them far between each other as they are all pretty much the same thing but with different names & some different circumstances.


  8.  Looking for Alaska by John Green.  Another great one by John Green.  I think that I liked this book more than Paper Towns but not as much as The Fault in Our Stars.  If they decide to make this one into a movie, which I think they should, I'll be at the theater to view it!


  9.  Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris.  It's taking me a little bit to finish out this series, I think that I have one left & I don't know why.  I've enjoyed these books immensely (after separating the books from the show) but I just haven't finished them yet.  I'll get there though.  :)


  10.  The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey.  I saw a preview for this movie & right away downloaded it to my Kindle to read.  I'm still reading it &, again, I'm really enjoying it, I just don't have as much time as I would like to have to read it more.  I will have it done before the movie comes out so I can go see it right away.

So, ten books for the year.  Not a lot but I think that taking the summer & doing "Parking Lot Lunches" helped me get through  a lot of these.  Maybe next year, I can do twelve books.  *crosses fingers*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli &/or April.

My five this week is ways to stay warm when it's frickin' freezin' in Central Wisconsin.

  1.  Drinking warm beverages - coffee, cocoa, tea.  Add some Rum Chata or Baileys for a lil extra warmth.  

  2.  Set yourself on fire...or sit really close to a fire &/or space heater.

  3.  Take a long hot bath maybe enjoy your warm beverage as like Olaf is doing.

  4.  Bundle up like Randy does in A Christmas Story - "I can't put my arms down!"

  5.  Just stay in your nice warm bed snuggled up with your cats & a good book or Netflix.