Skip to main content

January Goals: 2016...


Everyone is posting away about new goals & I probably should set some goals for myself & work towards those goals.  I used to do monthly goals back in the day & I think that maybe I should go back to doing that.  So, here we go:

Year Round Goals:

  1.  Read more.  I'm almost done with The 5th Wave & would like to finish it by the end of this week & pick up a James Patterson book to finish off by the end of the month.

  2.  Facebook less.  I waste more time on Facebook before bed rather than reading & I'd like to change that.  If I haven't had a chance to check up on Facebook, I typically go back twelve hours, I'm only gonna back a few hours & be done.

  3.  Relax.  I already have my monthly massage appointments that I started doing & back to taking baths every Sunday night.  There is nothing more that I love than doing those two things for myself & I'm going to continue doing them.

  4.  Bills.  I want to really concentrate on getting my bills paid down/off.  I have a medical bill that I want to pay off & the Justice credit card that I got to get Sunshine gifts.  Since she's getting over Justice & moving on to "big girl things", it's a good time to pay the card off.  Plus, the more I pay off, the closer I'll get to my Jeep!

January Goals:

1.  Color/Craft.  I did some crafting in December for Christmas gifts but I think that it's about time that I get back to doing it more often.  Plus, I got one of those adult coloring books for Christmas from Jill & I haven't had a chance to crack it open yet.

2.  Instagram.  Ever since the My Holiday Spark challenge wrapped up, I haven't really posted to much so I'm hopeful that I'll find a challenge that will keep my interest like that one did.

3.  TV Shows.  I want to get caught up on Grimm with Sunshine & Heroes with Paul.  Sunshine & I have two episodes left of season four & then we can begin season five which is waiting for us on the DVR.  Paul & I have season four left & then Heroes Reborn on the DVR.

4.  Tattoo.  I'd like of figure out what Winnie the Pooh quote to put between Pooh & Piglet on my shoulders & make my appointment to get it done.  I think that I'm gonna go with this:

What are some of your goals for this new year?

Comments

  1. I used to be a James Patterson junkie. I've gotten WAY behind. I need to catch up on some. I just need to read Cross Justice, and I'm caught up on Cross. I think I'm 2 behind in the Private series, and I really like that series. And 2 behind on Michael Bennett too. I think I need a vacation where I only read James Patterson books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're further than me - I haven't even started the Private series yet! I have the first couple but haven't read them yet. I'm behind on all of them - Cross, Bennett & Women's Murder Club...I too need a vacation with JP! Ha! I love that idea.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli &/or April.

My five this week is ways to stay warm when it's frickin' freezin' in Central Wisconsin.

  1.  Drinking warm beverages - coffee, cocoa, tea.  Add some Rum Chata or Baileys for a lil extra warmth.  

  2.  Set yourself on fire...or sit really close to a fire &/or space heater.

  3.  Take a long hot bath maybe enjoy your warm beverage as like Olaf is doing.

  4.  Bundle up like Randy does in A Christmas Story - "I can't put my arms down!"

  5.  Just stay in your nice warm bed snuggled up with your cats & a good book or Netflix.