Skip to main content

Musical Monday / Weekend Update...

 Good To Be Alive (Hallelujah) by Andy Grammer

First of all, Happy 2016!  It's here, the new year & I'm thankful for the memories made in 2015 - the good & the bad.  I cannot wait to see what 2016 brings.  I already know that a trip to Florida for Spring Break (which will include a visit to Harry Potter at Universal Studios), my new cousin is due in May & I cannot wait for her to arrive (I say "her" because I already think it will be a girl) & hopefully some other really great things.  We shall see.

The year has already started off well.  We celebrated with some of our favorite people on New Year's Eve, I even made up a "ghetto photo booth" & bought a Selfie Stick to use for the eve.




Friday was a hang out & do nothing day for all of us as Paul & I may have been a little hungover.  Ha!  I got caught up to Jill on Making a Murderer so we can finish it together, took in a nap & watched some Heroes with Paul.

Saturday, I got up early to meet Kim for breakfast which then turned until an all day shopping trip with her & Jill.  It was so much fun to spend some time with my two besties & then come home to steak & crab legs made by my hubby.

Kylo Ren & fleece blanket - I feel in love with him as soon as I saw him
& knew that even though he is all mighty,
he too needs to buckle up in the vehicle.

Jill & I popped Kim's Starbucks cherry - 
her first ever vanilla latte.  :)

The aftermath of my crab legs - so good!

Yesterday, was the usual - chores, watched some Grimm with Sunshine, had Jill & the kids over for supper (Greg went to the Packer game) & watched some of the Packer game until I got disgusted with them.  I still love my Packers but my goodness, they sure have been sucking at it lately.  We'll see how they do in the post-season but I won't get my hopes up very high.  Can't win 'em all.

Comments

  1. Mmmm..crab legs!! My favorite! And cute NYE photos! Looks like a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just jumped on the crab legs bandwagon within the last couple of months. They are awesome. Yummy!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli &/or April.

My five this week is ways to stay warm when it's frickin' freezin' in Central Wisconsin.

  1.  Drinking warm beverages - coffee, cocoa, tea.  Add some Rum Chata or Baileys for a lil extra warmth.  

  2.  Set yourself on fire...or sit really close to a fire &/or space heater.

  3.  Take a long hot bath maybe enjoy your warm beverage as like Olaf is doing.

  4.  Bundle up like Randy does in A Christmas Story - "I can't put my arms down!"

  5.  Just stay in your nice warm bed snuggled up with your cats & a good book or Netflix.