Skip to main content

Tuesday Talk...


The first Tuesday Talk of 2016 & how do I plan on starting it out - with murder.  Yup, murder.  A lot of people are talking about the documentary Making a Murderer on Netflix.


This took place in Wisconsin & I remember the disappearance of Teresa Halbach.  This also happened right outside where Jill grew up & during one of our trips, she did show me where the salvage yard was & such.  So, this story is close to home.

Anywho, this has lead to some debate with some folks & such.  I still have three episodes left as I'm waiting for Jill to finish it with her.  The whole thing is just so mind blowing.  Do I believe that Steven Avery did it?  I'm not 100% sure, I would say that about 95% of me believes that he's innocent & was framed by these cops - how could one bleed from a cut on his finger but not leave fingerprints?  How could poor Teresa's throat be slit without any blood being found?  How is that the two main pieces of evidence were found by the very cops that seemed to be out to get him & after many times of the property being searched?


I do believe that his nephew, Branden Dassey, is innocent.  He was a sixteen year old boy who was not all that smart, his story continually changed & he was interviewed THREE times without an attorney or Guardian ad Litem present.  The part that really got me with him was when the cops were interviewing him, he asked if he would be getting out in time to hand in a project in 6th hour.  He had no idea what was happening & I felt so bad for him.

The whole thing is messed up & I'm anxious to finish it up.  Have you seen it?  What are your thoughts?  Do you believe that Avery is innocent?

Comments

  1. I haven't watched yet but I want to. Sounds fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy! With every episode, I get more & more upset with how things were taken care of & these cops who, I believe, have some pants on fire. You should for sure check it out & let your thoughts.

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen it but have heard so much chatter about it. It seems like something I'd enjoy watching. It takes on a whole new dimension when it happens in your neck of the woods.

    Nice new pretty background :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so interesting. If I didn't have to wait to finish it with my friend, I would have finished it a long time ago. It's just so insane the stuff that comes out. Is it a little one-sided, perhaps, but some of the stuff just doesn't make any sense.

      I know, isn't the background awesome! I love it! :)

      Delete
  3. You and me have the exact same thoughts on this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just crazy & everytime I see those damn cops - Lenk & Cornhole (that's what I call him) - I go into a rage cuz those are two snakes, if you ask me!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Currently...

Another month starting with another Currently linkup - awhoo hoo!  So, what does Anne have going on this month?  Well, come along & check it out!  :)

Gathering..."recipes" for my new oil diffuser.  Lately, it's been all about the eucalyptus because Paul has been sick for a week now & I got it a lil bit.  I told him that I'm gonna have a buy a new bottle of eucalyptus before I get a chance to crack any of my other bottles. 

Making...a whole lot of nothing.  We really have not had a sit-down meal in awhile because one of us has been busying doing something or we just don't feel like cooking.  Tomorrow, however, I do have on the menu to make chicken & rice with green beans.  So, we have that.

Sipping...coffee with Sugar Cookie creamer.  It's delish but I am ready for something with some caramel in it.  I love me some caramel.  Yummy!

Following...lots on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat.  My favorite to watch on Instagram/Snapchat is Taylor.  She cracks m…

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…