Skip to main content

Musical Monday / Weekend Update...


Musical Monday:  Faith by Limp Bizkit.  I'm having a major Limp Bizkit phase right now.  For the longest time, Fred Durst was on my "To Marry" list...I mean, I don't think that I would say "no" if he asked me now.  Tee hee!

Weekend Update:

  Friday:  right after work, I jumped in the car & drove to my friend, Ashlee's, for an overdue visit.  Her & her hubby bought a house back in December & I hadn't gotten a chance to see it yet so I ventured.  She showed me around their new home with seventeen acres of land out in the boonies - just the way they like it.  Beautiful home.  Needs some work as it was just kinda left but they'll truly get to make it their own.  We then ordered up some Toppers & hung out at her place with the Party Play of Friends Scene It? playing.  A nice relaxing evening.

  Saturday:  I slept in & when I got up, I headed over to my mom's new place to help with her move/unpacking.  You would not believe how much crap one women can have!  I made it rather clear to her that she needs to be rid of some stuff.  We'll see if she actually listens or not.  Ha!  I ended up staying there until about 8:00 & then headed home, took a shower, grabbed a snack & then passed right out.  I was exhausted.

  Sunday:  Paul & I ended up getting up late to head down to Monroe for Sunshine's state gymnastics meet.  Luckily, though, we made it with plenty of time for her to get her hair done quick & then head in for stretches.  Her & I had had a conversation about her attitude after meets so we talked on the way down about expectations.  She told me that all she wanted to do was to get eights or higher on each event, which is what she did.  Out of all the Level Two girls (& there were a lot), she finished in the top twenty in each event & overall.  However, awards don't go out that far.  So, she didn't get one but she handled it very well.

  However, she was upset with her mother as she did not show up even after she told Sunshine & Paul that she would be there.  Messages were sent, phone calls were made with no response...until after everything was said & done.  Then she finally picked up & told Sunshine that she had food poisoning (BULLSHIT!).

  On our way home, we stopped in Madison for some pizza at a place called Pizza Brutta.  None of us had been there before but it was close.  It wasn't bad & I think that if we would have reviewed the menu better, we would have been happier but we were all tired & just wanted to get home.

  So, all in all, a nice weekend even though I'm tired as Hell!

  Now, here are some pics:





Comments

  1. oh man-this song is a total blast from the past!!
    -kel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! Back to my days of high school. :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a very busy weekend but the gymnastics sounded fun! I hope you are able to get some rest this week!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll hopefully be able to do some resting on the beach next week in Daytona cuz I totally need it! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli &/or April.

My five this week is ways to stay warm when it's frickin' freezin' in Central Wisconsin.

  1.  Drinking warm beverages - coffee, cocoa, tea.  Add some Rum Chata or Baileys for a lil extra warmth.  

  2.  Set yourself on fire...or sit really close to a fire &/or space heater.

  3.  Take a long hot bath maybe enjoy your warm beverage as like Olaf is doing.

  4.  Bundle up like Randy does in A Christmas Story - "I can't put my arms down!"

  5.  Just stay in your nice warm bed snuggled up with your cats & a good book or Netflix.