Skip to main content

Tuesday Talk / 10 On Tuesday...



Since Thursday is St. Patrick's Day & Jessica is talking about it for her Tuesday Talk, thought I would list ten things to do on St. Patrick's Day for Karli's 10 on Tuesday.

  1.  Celebrate Paul's birthday.  Yes, my hubby is a St. Patrick's Day baby.  He'll be the big 4-0 this year & as a bad wife, I didn't plan a party or anything.  :(

  2.  Celebrate "C"'s birthday.  I really cannot believe that he'll be seven this year.  He's such a big boy now.

  3.  Relive "C"'s adventure into this world.  I was on-call to care for "K" when Jill went into labor with "C" so I was at the house when she was in labor & it scarred me for life.  Ha, ha!

  4.  Wear some green.  Since I don't wear much green except for Green Bay Packer green, I tend to wear the same shirt every year.  I did think about getting a fashion scarf with shamrocks on it but I didn't.

  5.  Get a Shamrock Shake.  I love them but the last one I had a couple of weeks ago stuffed me all up & I don't know why.  I will, however, try again during my lunch on Thursday to see what happens.

  6.  Look for that sneaky leprechaun & his pot o' gold.  I have yet to find him but I could really use his pot o' gold as Paul & I will be looking at new vehicles when we get back from Spring Break.

  7.  Paint my nails green.  I typically do this but due to the fact that we were not home on Sunday (my usual day to paint my nails), they are not green & it makes me sad.  Plus, I won't have time to paint them before then.

  8.  Wish I was down in Chicago to see the river all green & such.  How cool is that?!  I mean, really!

  9.  Not drink green beer.  Not only do I not like beer so I wouldn't be drinking it anyway but the fact that you crap green the next day kinda scares me a little bit.

  10.  Search for a four leaf clover for some good luck.

Comments

  1. I'm not Irish, but it's always fun to celebrate! I didn't even think to paint my nails green, but I like the idea. I definitely need a Shamrock Shake- they're so good! And it's not too late to plan a little something for your husband! Happy early birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get those nails painted green & get yourself a Shamrock Shake! :)

      Delete
  2. I used to celebrate St. Patrick's Day (green beer, and all) big time. I've gotten old and lazy. Ha! I'd just be happy with a bowl of Lucky Charms :) Happy birthday to Paul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, eating Lucky Charms that would be a good one to add as well! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my god do you really crap green the next day? I serve green beer all night every year (not this year, I'll be seeing Allegient instead!) and never thought of that. I'm throwing a little St Patricks day party at school tomorrow so I'll be wearing tons of green even though I'm not at all Irish!! Happy birthday to your dude and little dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the word on the street - crapping green. Goo!

      I am SO jealous that you'll be going to see Allegiant!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli &/or April.

My five this week is ways to stay warm when it's frickin' freezin' in Central Wisconsin.

  1.  Drinking warm beverages - coffee, cocoa, tea.  Add some Rum Chata or Baileys for a lil extra warmth.  

  2.  Set yourself on fire...or sit really close to a fire &/or space heater.

  3.  Take a long hot bath maybe enjoy your warm beverage as like Olaf is doing.

  4.  Bundle up like Randy does in A Christmas Story - "I can't put my arms down!"

  5.  Just stay in your nice warm bed snuggled up with your cats & a good book or Netflix.