Skip to main content

Musical Monday / Weekend Update...


Musical Monday - The Sound of Silence by Disturbed.  This band is one of my favorite bands & I'm not even kidding.  I love Disturbed SO much that I almost cried when I couldn't see them at Northern Invasion but hopefully, Rock USA will be attended & I can control myself not to rush the stage & stroke David's chin piercings.  Tee hee!  I <3 David!

Weekend Update - 

    Friday:  had to go do some grocery shopping right after work & get some last minute things for Sunshine's confirmation party.  Then when the hubby & I got everything unloaded, he took me out to eat & then we came home to watch The Force Awakens.

    Saturday:  we had Sunshine's confirmation party & it went on without a hitch.  The weather was beautiful, there was plenty of good convo, delicious grub & well-wishes.



After the party, I ventured over to my mother's to help with some stuff at her dwelling, picked up Sunshine to head down to the office so she could print off her Faith Statement for the service & then home to relax & watch The Witch with the hubby.  I am convinced that I was just too tired to really pay attention to the movie so I may have to watch it again.

    Sunday:  Confirmation Service Day!  I got up early & got ready so I could put Sunshine's hair in the hot rollers & such.  She was so pretty - inside & out!




My mom, Jill & "K" came to service & as we were heading in, I saw Paul's parents with Trouble in the backseat.  & then we get into the church & Paul is sitting in the pew in front of Sunshine's mother's family.  My anxiety went through the roof.  At one point, my mom leaned over & said:  "you're shaking".  But we got through it & afterwards, Paul & I went out to eat with Greg, Jill & the kids while Sunshine went with her mom.  We then came home, did a few things & my anxiety got the best of me & left me bedridden with a migraine the rest of the night - I didn't even paint my nails, watch Fear the Walking Dead or Game of Thrones...that's when you know that I'm not doing well.  Ugh!

Comments

  1. She looks absolutely radiant! I'm so sorry about the family anxiety. Ugh. I hope that ultimately you were able to focus on the positive experiences of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I got a chance to read her Faith Statement, it made me feel good. She wrote about me: "she is a very kind & wonderful lady to be with everyday. She brings me to church, makes sure that I do Sermon Notes & to pay attention throughout the whole service." I got the biggest shout out & that made me feel good. Ha!

      Delete
  2. Awe, she looked so pretty!!!! Family anxiety and drama is just the worst! Sorry you had to deal with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She is a pretty girl, inside & out. I mean, she has her moments like every other teen but she's a very kind-hearted gal. :)

      Delete
  3. I hope you're feeling better now! And she looks so gorgeous! I love her hair!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loves my hot rollers. We tried them on Mother's Day & it turned out really well but on this day they were falling flat but I think that was because we didn't leave them in as long. Oh well, they still looked good for our pictures at least. :)

      Delete
  4. She looks wonderful! Congratulations on her confirmation.
    I'm glad her party went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad that her party went well too, we didn't put too much planning into it cuz we've just been SO busy lately, it's been insane but it came together well. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli &/or April.

My five this week is ways to stay warm when it's frickin' freezin' in Central Wisconsin.

  1.  Drinking warm beverages - coffee, cocoa, tea.  Add some Rum Chata or Baileys for a lil extra warmth.  

  2.  Set yourself on fire...or sit really close to a fire &/or space heater.

  3.  Take a long hot bath maybe enjoy your warm beverage as like Olaf is doing.

  4.  Bundle up like Randy does in A Christmas Story - "I can't put my arms down!"

  5.  Just stay in your nice warm bed snuggled up with your cats & a good book or Netflix.