Skip to main content

Tuesday Talk...


Have you missed me?!  It's been over a week since I've posted anything.  With going on vacation, I got too busy to blog.  I hate that!  But I'm back & this week in Tuesday Talk with Jessica, I'm gonna talk about my Memorial Day weekend which started last Thursday.

I had originally just had Friday off but then decided to take a half day on Thursday to get Up North a little earlier & then just decided to take the whole dang day off as my cousin, Jennifer, was being induced that morning & I thought that I might be able to meet my new baby cousin before I ventured.  By the time, she had him & got cleaned up & such, I was already an hour into my trip...believe me, if it would have been less, I probably would have turned around.  But I headed up & was glad to get up there early.


We pretty much just hung out chitchatting, eating & such until it was time to hit the sack.

Friday, I took my grandmother into Minocqua to do our usual shopping/lunch date.  I was so proud of my self, I went into my favorite sports store & only bought decals for the Captiva.  When we hit up Minocqua Fudge, I ended up buying over two pounds of taffy.  No jokes.


We spent the rest of the afternoon playing games in the camper & chatting.  That night we went out for fish, stopped for some ice cream & came back to play some more games before going to bed.

Saturday, I made some French toast for breakfast & then we just hung out (seeing a pattern) until we had visits from my mom's ex-husband & my husband.  Paul & I did get to take a walk down to the lake between rainstorms.


Then we headed off to the typical Wisconsinite thing for a Saturday night - a supper club for drinks & prime rib.  I actually tried a Sloe Gin Fizz & liked it!  :)


After dinner, I said goodbye to Paul as he headed home & me back to the campground with the grandparents.  Again, we hung out & did some coloring in my adult coloring books & then headed off to bed with rain falling.

Sunday, we got things packed up & hit the road.  I ended up stopping in Wausau for some Panera Bread all by myself.  Since I didn't have any way to access Facebook from the campground, I checked that out while I enjoyed my bread, Mac & Cheese & Bear Claw.  Yum!  When I got home, I got unpacked, watched some Orphan Black & just relaxed.

Yesterday was the day, the day I would meet my new cousin!  So, I got my butt outta bed, showered, ran a few errands, picked up lunch & headed to my cousin's for the day.  I got to love up on my new cousin & the new big brother.  It was a great day!



My new cousin, "T".  I love, love, love him!  I cannot tell you how long I snuggled with him yesterday but it was a long time.  I really did not want to leave last night but I figured that since I had spent about six hours there, it was time to go home & get ready for the work week.  I was/am so jealous that my cousin, Jennifer, & her husband are now off until July to spend time with their new addition.  So awesome!

So, how was your Memorial Day weekend?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Currently...

Another month starting with another Currently linkup - awhoo hoo!  So, what does Anne have going on this month?  Well, come along & check it out!  :)

Gathering..."recipes" for my new oil diffuser.  Lately, it's been all about the eucalyptus because Paul has been sick for a week now & I got it a lil bit.  I told him that I'm gonna have a buy a new bottle of eucalyptus before I get a chance to crack any of my other bottles. 

Making...a whole lot of nothing.  We really have not had a sit-down meal in awhile because one of us has been busying doing something or we just don't feel like cooking.  Tomorrow, however, I do have on the menu to make chicken & rice with green beans.  So, we have that.

Sipping...coffee with Sugar Cookie creamer.  It's delish but I am ready for something with some caramel in it.  I love me some caramel.  Yummy!

Following...lots on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat.  My favorite to watch on Instagram/Snapchat is Taylor.  She cracks m…

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…