Skip to main content

Musical Monday / Weekend Update...


Musical Monday - Voices by Disturbed.  I've been all about Disturbed lately especially with the idea that I'll be seeing them live in a lil over three weeks.  I cannot wait.  I am SO damn excited!  Eeek!

Weekend Update - 

    Friday:  Paul & I hit up the Rafters baseball game with our friends, Ben & Christa, & had a wonderful time.  The food was delish, the company was great & the Rafters won.  Awhoo hoo!



After the game, we decided to have a lil fire at our place.  So, I went inside to take my contacts out & grab a sweatshirt.  I went to close the kitchen door & shut the door on my kitty's tail.  I let her calm down & went to check on her & found blood.  I had Paul come in from the fire to check it out as I couldn't look at it & he reported that it was broken.  I broke her tail!  I'm a horrible mama!  We got her cleaned up the best we could & decided that we would call the vet first thing in the morning & let her rest.  I felt horrible all night which contained a lot of tears.

    Saturday:  Paul got me up at about 9:15 & told me that I needed to get up & get ready to take Chandler to the vet as he got an appointment for 10:15.  I was outta bed & in the shower real quicklike.  I took her in & she must have been in some pain as she let the VA & vet do what they needed without freaking out like she usually does.  The vet determined that they would need to amputate about two to three inches of her tail.  So, I left her there to get surgery & ran a few errands before coming home to a house torn apart.  Paul decided to do the flooring in the living room.  So, we had a torn apart living room & a torn apart cat.  Saturday was a tough day.


  Sunday:  we got up early & finished the living room before heading out to my uncle's for a Father's Day cookout.  We didn't think we would stay out there too late but it was well after 5:00 before we decided to head home.  So, it was home for chores & then down to the basement room to watch "The Battle of the Bastards" as the cable was out in the living room & the DVR didn't work.  We were NOT going to miss Game of Thrones.

What a weekend, let me tell you.  I'm exhausted today & sore...my legs are killing me from all the work we did in the living room.  I need to come to work to relax, it seems!

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh I'm so sorry to hear about your poor kitty cat! I hope Chandler has a very speedy recovery
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's doing well. She somehow manages to get her cone off from time to time. She even woke me up at about 3:00 this morning with it hanging from her collar. Ha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli &/or April.

My five this week is ways to stay warm when it's frickin' freezin' in Central Wisconsin.

  1.  Drinking warm beverages - coffee, cocoa, tea.  Add some Rum Chata or Baileys for a lil extra warmth.  

  2.  Set yourself on fire...or sit really close to a fire &/or space heater.

  3.  Take a long hot bath maybe enjoy your warm beverage as like Olaf is doing.

  4.  Bundle up like Randy does in A Christmas Story - "I can't put my arms down!"

  5.  Just stay in your nice warm bed snuggled up with your cats & a good book or Netflix.