It's Friday & I am thanking the Lord! This week has been one Hell of a week here at work. We only worked four days but five days worth of shit has gone on. Blah. So, I am excited for a weekend where Sunshine is with her mother. Tonight, we go out to celebrate Jill's birthday & tomorrow I was supposed to go out to our friends' for a party but I'm not really feeling like doing the whole big crowd thing two nights in a row so thinking that I may go to my aunt & uncle's for a fire tomorrow night instead.
In the meantime, lets linkup with Karli and Liz for some Friday Five action. Last week, I did a post with my five favorite Five Finger Death Punch songs since I'll be seeing them for the second time next Thursday night. So, this week, I'm gonna do the mother - my five favorite Disturbed songs. I'll be seeing them next Friday night & the closer I get, the more excited I get. I cannot wait! Eeek!
5. Down with the Sickness. The song that started it all. All I remember is that my neighbor at the time had this album & I was hooked. I bought & played the Hell out of it & my love for David & his band grew.
4. The Animal. I think this one is in my top five because of the video. I mean, the song is great & all but I really think that the video puts it over the edge.
3. Droppin' Plates. Another one from The Sickness. It was hard for me to not just pick songs from this album, to be completely honest.
2. Liberate. Oh...my...God...I LOVE blaring this one from the car speakers. It's just so fast & furious & it's amazing. So, awesome.
1. Land of Confusion. They are the band that likes to do remakes & most times it works out (Shout 2000, did not...for me anyway). I think that they hit it outta the park with this remake. I already had an attachment to this song from remembering the Genesis video from when I was younger but this just added to my love of this song. Amazing!