Skip to main content

It's Wednesday So That Means...

I've been kind of upset as the Wednesday linkups have died out so I was excited when I hopped on over to visit Erin this morning & found a new linkup to be apart of.  I love linkups as they really introduce you to some new folks & I'm always up for that!

This linkup is called Weekly Lessons & the hosts are Mattie and Lex.  So, if you wanna join in, hope on over to linkup!  :)

Mandie's Weekly Lessons:

    1.  Teenagers suck...especially girls.  I've known this for some time but teenage girls are horrible lil creatures.  I don't know what is up with Sunshine lately but she's more Black Hole Sun than Sunshine lately.  Maybe it's because the start of school, I don't know but she has been just a bundle of frickin' joy.  Last night, she kept telling me that her father was "crazy/psycho"...he was not acting "crazy" or "psycho".  She was just in a feisty mood & did not want to listen.  So, after many times of her calling her dad names & me telling her not to do so, I told her to go up to bed & put my headphones back on & continued reading Deathly Hallows.  I mean, really?!

    2.  Gift ideas can be difficult.  My grandmother's birthday is coming up & prior to being diagnosed with dementia, she was hard to shop for & now it's even more difficult as she really doesn't do much.  So, while she was out of the room last night I tried to get a few ideas from my grandfather & he suggested photos.  So, I'm toying with the idea of doing a photo album of just their kids (my mom & uncles) & their offspring - no significant others or stepchildren.  I would then label pictures but thought that if I go back too far that it would get too confusing so I'm just thinking of doing the last year or so & just having a small album.  That is probably the best route but I really gotta get to work on it so I can give it to her.

    3.  Change isn't always bad...but it is hard.  At work, we are going to a new filing system & getting used to the new system & fixing my OCD ways was a little hard but now that I've got the swing of it, I got all our files switched over that I could & I'm loving it.  It's a much faster way to get documents & that is awesome especially if you find yourself in a time crunch.  :)

Thank you, Mattie & Lex for a new Wednesday linkup!

Comments

  1. Thanks for linking up!! Oh teenagers... There are quite a few around our neighborhood and EVERY time I see them they're up to no good. Someone also egged our car a few weeks ago, and I don't know who it is, but I'm sure it was a teenager... That sounds like such a great gift for someone with dementia! My grandma had Alzheimer's and towards the end she asked if I was my brother's girlfriend (I'm the youngest, so her memories of me went first). Having pictures with labels would be really nice, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I bet it was some dirty lil teenagers that got your car. Ohhhh, teens. We weren't that bad when we were that age, were we?!

      Yea, I'm afraid that my grandmother will start to forget my lil cousins especially the youngest who is just three months old. So, I want something that she can look at to remind her of her great-grandson. :)

      Delete
  2. I teach middle schoolers so I totally understand the teenager comments. They remind me of the Sour Patch Kids commercials, you never know if they're going to be sweet or sour that day! I think a photo album would be a great gift for your grandma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you brave, brave girl to be teaching that age. Yea, my stepdaughter can be the sweetest thing & then the next minute she hates life because she cannot find a pair of shorts to wear. Oh, the drama of it all! Ha!

      Delete
  3. Teenagers are terrifying haha- seriously! Gifts are SO difficult sometimes. My dad is turning 60 next week and I want to do something AWESOME, but I'm falling short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teenagers are terrible lil creatures & I swear I could not have been that bad when I was younger & if I was, my mom would have beat me! Ha!

      It seems that the older a person is, the more difficult it is to buy something for them. *sigh*

      Delete
  4. I love that you found our link-up, thanks so much for participating! Teenage girls definitely do suck, having been a rebel once myself haha. I have a difficult time with change as well, even when it’s for the best! I’m sorry to hear about your grandmother’s dementia—my grandmother had it as well and it certainly does make gift-giving hard. Labeling the album is such a great idea, and it’s probably best that it’s small (at least for now :) ).

    Can’t wait for future posts!

    Lexi, Lex Be Livin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loved the photo album. She spent quite a bit of time looking through it last night & I had it all nicely labeled & there are some blank pages that I told I would put newer pictures in for her. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Currently...

Another month starting with another Currently linkup - awhoo hoo!  So, what does Anne have going on this month?  Well, come along & check it out!  :)

Gathering..."recipes" for my new oil diffuser.  Lately, it's been all about the eucalyptus because Paul has been sick for a week now & I got it a lil bit.  I told him that I'm gonna have a buy a new bottle of eucalyptus before I get a chance to crack any of my other bottles. 

Making...a whole lot of nothing.  We really have not had a sit-down meal in awhile because one of us has been busying doing something or we just don't feel like cooking.  Tomorrow, however, I do have on the menu to make chicken & rice with green beans.  So, we have that.

Sipping...coffee with Sugar Cookie creamer.  It's delish but I am ready for something with some caramel in it.  I love me some caramel.  Yummy!

Following...lots on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat.  My favorite to watch on Instagram/Snapchat is Taylor.  She cracks m…

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…