Skip to main content

Musical Monday / Weekend Update...


Musical Monday - Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus.  I was playing my Poppin' playlist yesterday in the car with Sunshine & this song came one - we were both singing & playing Pokemon.  It was pretty fabulous.  Ha!

Weekend Update - 

    Friday - I took the day off & started it with a cup of coffee & then off for a ninety minute massage.  I love my monthly massages.  Then home to shower & head off to Appleton with Sunshine to do some school clothes shopping.  All was going well until I wouldn't purchase a $70 sweatshirt from Pink.  I was then "lame".  Yea.  After that the mood changed & we headed out shortly afterwards.  Once we got home, I was in bed with a headache for a bit.  She did eventually thank me for taking her shopping & told me that she was happy with what she got - a couple of tops, yoga pants & some unders.  Then Paul & I watched a couple of episodes of Stranger Things before heading off to bed.

    Saturday - got up, got ready & then headed out with Paul to see Star Trek: Beyond.  You can read my review on it here.  Then we hunted some Pokemon for a bit & hit up a cute lil winery & took a tour.  Neither one of us had been in this winery & it's only a half hour away from us.



Then we went out for dinner, hit up a friend's bar & then went home to finish Stranger Things.  I'll do a post all about that probably tomorrow with my thoughts but I will say that it was right up my alley.

    Sunday -  I got things done around the house & then ventured off to my aunt & uncle's for my cousin, "G"'s birthday party.  He turns sixteen today.  I cannot believe he's sixteen already!  This was the same lil boy that used to grab his blanket & lay on my mom's coffee table.  :)



While everyone else was enjoying some ice cream cake (I don't eat it cuz it hurts my teeth), I got some cuddle time with "T" & he LOVES seeing himself in the phone so I got lots of "selfies" of him.



On the way home, Sunshine & I hit up a couple of Poke Stops & got some more Pokemon before heading home where I painted my nails & watched the season seven preview show for The Walking Dead since Fear the Walking Dead didn't record (I'll watch that tonight).  :)

Comments

  1. A day off and a massage?? Someone is a lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing beats that, that's for sure! :)

      Delete
  2. God gawd, I need a massage!
    $70 for a sweatshirt is ridiculoso! I know it wasn't the popular decision to pass on that purchase, but it was the correct one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, girlie, treat yourself - get a massage! :)

      She already knew that I would not buy that sweatshirt & I told her that before we even went shopping that I would not purchase some overpriced thing. Shopping with teenage girls is HORRIBLE! Ugh.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Currently...

Another month starting with another Currently linkup - awhoo hoo!  So, what does Anne have going on this month?  Well, come along & check it out!  :)

Gathering..."recipes" for my new oil diffuser.  Lately, it's been all about the eucalyptus because Paul has been sick for a week now & I got it a lil bit.  I told him that I'm gonna have a buy a new bottle of eucalyptus before I get a chance to crack any of my other bottles. 

Making...a whole lot of nothing.  We really have not had a sit-down meal in awhile because one of us has been busying doing something or we just don't feel like cooking.  Tomorrow, however, I do have on the menu to make chicken & rice with green beans.  So, we have that.

Sipping...coffee with Sugar Cookie creamer.  It's delish but I am ready for something with some caramel in it.  I love me some caramel.  Yummy!

Following...lots on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat.  My favorite to watch on Instagram/Snapchat is Taylor.  She cracks m…

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…