Skip to main content

Tuesday Talk...


So, I was bouncing around ideas for this week's Tuesday Talk & decided that since my face has been glued to the TV the last two night watching the Olympics, I should write about that.  So, here are some things that I have learned from the Olympics thus far:


    1.  It's table tennis NOT ping pong...didn't realize there was a difference.  Apparently, there is.  Sorry, my bad.  Looks the same to me.


    2.  Aly Raisman is unbelievable!  Everyone talks about Gabby & Simone but this girl ROCKED it on Sunday night on the floor.  Holy crap!  I cannot wait to watch more of her.



    3.  I LOVE SWIMMING!  I get so into it.  I'm on the edge of my seat.  I'm standing.  I'm cheering them on as if they can hear me & WILL move that much faster.  Oh, so much fun to watch!


    4.  Micheal Phelps is not only great at swimming, he's great at casting evil spells with his eyes.  So scary!  I wonder if he was listening to some Slipknot or DevilDriver on those big headphones.


    5.  The names David Boudia & Steele Johnson are two of the coolest names I've ever heard!  I just want to have a baby boy to name him Steele Boudia.  You think I'm kidding...I am not.  Tee hee!


    6.  I love Lilly King!  When she shook her finger at Yulia Efimova, I fell in love.  She was just letting it be known how she feels & how pretty much the rest of the world feels about the cheating Russians being able to still participate in the Olympics.  & then she went & beat Efimova - you go girl!

Comments

  1. Thanks for this! LOVE the Olympic spirit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sleep has really been limited lately due to the Olympics & that's okay. It's only every four years, so I better enjoy 'em when I have them. :)

      Delete
  2. We haven't watched much around here, but it's so fun to watch any of the events. Gymnastics and swimming are always hits though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aria would probably love to watch the girls in gymnastics. It's just amazing the things that they can do!

      Delete
  3. I love, love, Lilly King! I just love her straight forward attitude and not afraid to stand up for what she believes in. Even better that she kicked that girl's butt! :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I was so happy when she beat her. & like, Lilly said, she can win without cheating & that's the mark of a true athlete. Love her!

      Delete
  4. Totally agree! I love Aly Raisman and my daughter is a huge Steele Johnson fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steele...I mean, he could not have been anything else but an athlete with that name. So cool. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Currently...

Another month starting with another Currently linkup - awhoo hoo!  So, what does Anne have going on this month?  Well, come along & check it out!  :)

Gathering..."recipes" for my new oil diffuser.  Lately, it's been all about the eucalyptus because Paul has been sick for a week now & I got it a lil bit.  I told him that I'm gonna have a buy a new bottle of eucalyptus before I get a chance to crack any of my other bottles. 

Making...a whole lot of nothing.  We really have not had a sit-down meal in awhile because one of us has been busying doing something or we just don't feel like cooking.  Tomorrow, however, I do have on the menu to make chicken & rice with green beans.  So, we have that.

Sipping...coffee with Sugar Cookie creamer.  It's delish but I am ready for something with some caramel in it.  I love me some caramel.  Yummy!

Following...lots on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat.  My favorite to watch on Instagram/Snapchat is Taylor.  She cracks m…

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…