Skip to main content

Currently...


Well, it's that time of the month, time to let yall know what I'm currently doing.  If you wanna linkup, head over to Anne to do so.  :)

Reading...I just finished reading Harry Potter & the Cursed Child last night & hoped to start reading The Girl on the Train during lunch...but that didn't happen so tonight before bed I will get it started & I cannot wait!

Trying...not a whole heck of a lot.  I'm hoping to try some new dinners in the crock this Fall.  I love using my crock to make meals & the last new thing I tried - chicken fajitas - was a huge hit.  So, time to find some more things to try out.

Hoping...to maybe get a new tattoo real soon.  My sister is home & we've talked about getting "sister tattoos" but we haven't gotten up to the tattoo parlor yet.  I'm really hoping that we'll be able to do that before she goes back to Colorado.

Decorating...nothing.  I was told that it's too early to put up my Fall/Halloween decorations but I think that I may do that this weekend.  Halloween is my favorite & I love my decorations for this time of year so I want to enjoy them.

To-Do Listing...Christmas.  I know, shame on me for saying that but it'll be upon us before we know it.  It's more ideas for myself cuz my husband never knows what to get me unless I pretty much spell it out so I need to start working on my Christmas list for him & start getting ideas for gifts to give.

Comments

  1. The Girl on the Train has been on my list forever and I haven't had a chance to read it yet. I need to do that soon! I am hoping for a tattoo soon too, my bestie and I are going on a girls weekend in a couple of weeks and I think we're going to get matching ones at that time.

    Beth
    http://www.thebethnextdoor.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only a chapter in but already I'm intrigued by what is going to happen. I want to go peek on IMDB to see who is playing who in the movie - I know Emily Blunt is the main character, Rachel. Other than that, I don't know. :)

      Tattoos are so much fun, they really are.

      Delete
  2. Ooohhh. Girl in the Train. I really liked it. I can't wait to hear what you think of it. I am hoping to get another tattoo very soon. Maybe I will treat myself for my birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard only good things about Girl on the Train so I'm pretty excited to really get into the guts of it! :)

      Delete
  3. Oooh got some good reads going on there! And I probably should get on this Christmas thing soon too - December really will be here before we know it. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Christmas will be here before we know it, that's for sure. Gotta start planning. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli &/or April.

My five this week is ways to stay warm when it's frickin' freezin' in Central Wisconsin.

  1.  Drinking warm beverages - coffee, cocoa, tea.  Add some Rum Chata or Baileys for a lil extra warmth.  

  2.  Set yourself on fire...or sit really close to a fire &/or space heater.

  3.  Take a long hot bath maybe enjoy your warm beverage as like Olaf is doing.

  4.  Bundle up like Randy does in A Christmas Story - "I can't put my arms down!"

  5.  Just stay in your nice warm bed snuggled up with your cats & a good book or Netflix.