Skip to main content

Thankful Thursday...


I am thankful...that Trouble & I are talking again.  She drives me nuts with some of her decisions but now that she's an adult & living on her own, it's on her & that takes a great deal of stress off me.  She was a hard kid to raise, I tried everything with her but I'm hopeful that she's beginning to see a little bit of light.  We do text/message about once a day, typically she's in search of some advice or knowledge that only I can provide...makes me wonder who she talked to during those months we didn't talk, her dad says that she probably just talked with her dumbass friends.

I am thankful...that I decided to take the full day off tomorrow rather than just a half day.  The hubby & I are venturing out of town to celebrate our upcoming wedding anniversary.


We'll be married three years on October 19th.  So, before we head off to Wisconsin Dells for the weekend, I'm gonna go get a ninety minute hot stone massage with my girl, Kathi.  I typically go around the 15th but my shoulders have been just killing me lately so I'll put her fingers to work.  Then home to shower, pack & hit the road for a much needed getaway.

I am thankful...that soon I'll be able to listen to music at work again.  Things are a-changin' & I hear that one of the things is that we'll be able to listen to music softly at our desks as long as it doesn't interfere with answering the phones & such.  Awhoo hoo!  I cannot tell you how excited I am to be able to listen to my music again!  :)

Comments

  1. Happy Anniversary!! We are celebrating our first wedding anniversary just 2 days before yours! Good for you for taking the day off! Enjoy the time together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot woot for October weddings! :) We had a great time, it was nice to just get away for a lil bit.

      Delete
  2. When I worked in an office/cubicle setting, my music is what helped me make it through the day. I can't imagine not being able to listen to music.
    #1 made me happy, of course. It sounds like your step-daughter is following in the footsteps of mine :)
    Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already getting ready for the day that they say we can listen to music, it will be a grand day. Ha, ha!

      These stepdaughters of ours...ugh. I'm glad that they both seem to be on the up & up. :)

      Delete
  3. I've got some serious catching up to do with your blog! You have no idea how much I wish I could listen to music at work - days like today, when I'm on a one-way express to Boredsville, would be so much easier to bear! And happy anniversary, hope you have an amazing getaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I'm listening to music, I feel like I get more done. I don't know why, it just helps me concentrate, I guess.

      The anniversary getaway was very nice. :)

      Delete
  4. Ooohhh. We love Wisconsin Dells. Where did you guys stay?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohhh. We love Wisconsin Dells. Where did you guys stay?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli &/or April.

My five this week is ways to stay warm when it's frickin' freezin' in Central Wisconsin.

  1.  Drinking warm beverages - coffee, cocoa, tea.  Add some Rum Chata or Baileys for a lil extra warmth.  

  2.  Set yourself on fire...or sit really close to a fire &/or space heater.

  3.  Take a long hot bath maybe enjoy your warm beverage as like Olaf is doing.

  4.  Bundle up like Randy does in A Christmas Story - "I can't put my arms down!"

  5.  Just stay in your nice warm bed snuggled up with your cats & a good book or Netflix.