Skip to main content

The Year Known As 2016...

Well, it is that time to talk about the year that was & what the new year will hopefully bring.  I'm gonna share some of my favorite pictures throughout the year & reflect on all the good moments.  Join me!  :)


  January - we started the year off with a gathering of friends over drinks & many rounds of Loaded Questions & Cards Against Humanity.


  February - my birthday month!  I got to experience my first Badger basketball game on my actual birthday.  They gave me a wonderful gift of beating Ohio State.  Awhoo hoo!  Then I wanted some of my favorite people to come out & help me celebrate the weekend after & to say that I have a great bunch of people surrounding me is an understatement, I am very lucky.


  March - what a crazy month this was.  Sunshine went to State for gymnastics, we celebrated Paul's 40th birthday & we went to Florida for Spring Break.  I cannot wait to go back to Universal Studios to take some more time with Harry & maybe enjoy some more quiet time on the balcony with my cup of coffee listening to the waves from the ocean.


  April - after the crazy month of March, April was a welcome semi-calm.  I attended my first gala to support the local Boys & Girls Club.  I typically don't dress up & look like a girl but it's kind of fun to do it from time to time.  :)




  May - although Trouble turned eighteen during this month, it was the month of Sunshine.  She performed in her last dance recital (she decided to give up dance & concentrate on gymnastics) & she got confirmed.  We also welcomed my newest cousin into the world - "T".  He is so dang tiny in this picture.




  June - Trouble graduated from high school.  Her & I were still on a "no-contact" so I didn't see it but she did it.  Also, don't mind the "Happy Donut Day" thing on the first picture, for some reason, Paul had that on there.  Paul & I got to have a nice weekend in Green Bay to see the Impractical Jokers.  We had amazing seats & such a wonderful time.

 



  July - what a frickin' fantastic month July was!  I got to see one of my favorite bands for the first time at Rock USA - Disturbed!  I almost cried I was so happy when I could see David yelling on the stage.  A great time & I got to experience it with my husband, aunt, uncle & cousin.  My Southern Bestie, Ashley, finally got a chance to come up & visit me.  We had such an amazing time!  I took her all around Central Wisconsin & we enjoyed much beer & plenty of cheese.  I loved having her & cannot wait to see her again!  I also got to hit up a Brewer game with the family - they didn't win & we cooked like bacon in the sun but, like usual, it was a good time with these great people.




  August - not only hosted but attended my very first painting party &, oh my gosh, were there tons & tons of laughs.  It was such a fun night with these ladies.  Some camping with Ben & Christa.  Birthday celebrations for my cousins.  & Ice Wine enjoyed at a local winery.  :)


  September - ah, the start of Fall.  The older I get, the more & more I love Fall.  We had some final trips on the boat for the year.  Trouble & I started talking again.  Did some apple picking with my other Ashlee.  & attended Pointoberfest with my Bestie, Kim.  We drank plenty of beer & ate us some delicious German grub.


  October - hung out at Pumpkin Fest with "Z".  Paul & I celebrated our third wedding anniversary in Wisconsin Dells with plenty of grub, wine & a Ghost Boat ride.  Added to my "collection" of tattoos with a sister one.  & dressed up like Samara from The Ring to celebrate my favorite holiday - Halloween.



  November - I got to meet the GM for our local baseball team & touch the trophy - a total "oh my gosh" moment.  Went to Lambeau to cheer on the Packers with Christa...for them to lose to the Colts.  :(  A great Thanksgiving with the family & my first picture with Trouble in over a year.


  December - plenty of Christmas celebrations with a Packer game thrown in there for good measure (where they beat the Vikings - awhoo hoo).

I really am thankful for the year I've had - the ups & the downs.  Posting this really makes me appreciate the life I have & the people I have in it.  I don't want to get all sappy & such but I am truly blessed.  :)

Comments

  1. Girl what a year!!! Congrats to Trouble for graduating! Can't wait to keep reading in 2017!!! <3 Hugs and kissed your way for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, pretty lady. I really am excited to see what 2017 has in store. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Currently...

Another month starting with another Currently linkup - awhoo hoo!  So, what does Anne have going on this month?  Well, come along & check it out!  :)

Gathering..."recipes" for my new oil diffuser.  Lately, it's been all about the eucalyptus because Paul has been sick for a week now & I got it a lil bit.  I told him that I'm gonna have a buy a new bottle of eucalyptus before I get a chance to crack any of my other bottles. 

Making...a whole lot of nothing.  We really have not had a sit-down meal in awhile because one of us has been busying doing something or we just don't feel like cooking.  Tomorrow, however, I do have on the menu to make chicken & rice with green beans.  So, we have that.

Sipping...coffee with Sugar Cookie creamer.  It's delish but I am ready for something with some caramel in it.  I love me some caramel.  Yummy!

Following...lots on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat.  My favorite to watch on Instagram/Snapchat is Taylor.  She cracks m…

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…