Skip to main content

Musical Monday...


Welcome to my Nightmare by Alice Cooper

This is probably my favorite Halloween tune.  I remember after trick-or-treating, I would come home & watch some music videos on VH1 & they always played this one.  Love it.  I cannot wait for Halloween, I'll be getting stuff for my costume tonight.  I'm gonna be a pretty lil fairy.  :)

As for my weekend, it was pretty good.  Friday night, Paul & I went out with my cousin, her fiancee & some of their friends (which were all approximately ten years younger than us) & went to this haunted forest walk.  We had to wait for about three hours but the twenty minute walk was totally worth it!  I was scared.  Eeek!  And, before that, my cousin officially asked me to be one of her bridesmaids:


Saturday, I went on my first ever horseback riding adventure.  The ride was two hours long.  I'm glad that I did it to say that I've done it but I don't think think that I'll do it again.  My body hurt SO bad when I was done & it still does.  Ouch!  But it was a beautiful morning & my horse, Doc, wasn't too bad of a fella.  However, he did take me off-roading once.  : \


Ashlee.


My view.


& then when Doc decided to stop for a snack, we got passed.


Doc & my shadow.

Saturday night, Paul & I went over for supper & convo with two of our favorite people - Jeremy & Gladys.  We sat in front of the fire just chatting away.  At one point, we were all laughing so hard that my stomach hurt & I almost peed my pants.  Tee hee!

Sunday was the usual - sleeping in & chores.  Oh, & watching the Packers lose!  Boo!  Not happy about that but the rest of the weekend was just what I needed.


Comments

  1. can't wait to see your costume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started working on my fairy tutu last night & it's gonna be adorable! I cannot wait! :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on being a bridesmaid! I just picked out my bridesmaid dress on Sunday for my friends wedding. $310 for a dress ahhhhh it's an expensive honor indeed! Also, I haven't gone horse back riding in years and now I really want to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $310 for a bridesmaid dress?!?! Eeek! If my cousin thinks that I'm gonna spend that much on a dress, I'm gonna beat her! Tee hee!

      Delete
  3. what an awesome weekend!! i want to go horseback riding- I haven't done that in forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hurt my old bones. Tee hee! I've got the hips & knees of a 90 year old lady & it just was not good for them. But I am glad that I did it. :)

      Delete
  4. That is one of my fave Halloween songs too! I'm so jealous of those beautiful horses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were all beautiful horses. There was one that didn't ride with us & her name was Miley, she was gorgeous.

      Delete
  5. Such fun! That is a great idea for asking you to be her bridesmaid. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! When I asked her to be one of mine, I just sent her a text & was like "you're gonna be a bridesmaid". Ha! However, I rocked their bridesmaid gifts at the rehearsal dinner. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli &/or April.

My five this week is ways to stay warm when it's frickin' freezin' in Central Wisconsin.

  1.  Drinking warm beverages - coffee, cocoa, tea.  Add some Rum Chata or Baileys for a lil extra warmth.  

  2.  Set yourself on fire...or sit really close to a fire &/or space heater.

  3.  Take a long hot bath maybe enjoy your warm beverage as like Olaf is doing.

  4.  Bundle up like Randy does in A Christmas Story - "I can't put my arms down!"

  5.  Just stay in your nice warm bed snuggled up with your cats & a good book or Netflix.