Skip to main content

To Be Honest Tuesday...


To be honest, I had a great weekend getaway with the hubby.  Paul & I both needed it horribly with all the crap going on at home with Trouble (which I'll update you on in a new post) & how busy we've both been with work & outside activities.  We were able to just enjoy each other company again & it was wonderful!

We started off our vacation with heading to Eau Claire to check out the bluffs.  Now, he's really brave when it comes to heights...me, not so much.  I'm terrified but we did do some hiking & such.  We even did the whole selfies on the trails but those are on his phone.  So, here is what I got:


As we were heading up.




My hubby is so brave.





Then, per my request, we hit up an apple orchard & we even picked our own apples & I got myself a very delicious caramel apple.  Yummy!




I really need to get better at taking selfies...I look ridiculous!  Ha!


These have been my new weakness lately.

Once we got to our hotel, we just hung for a bit & then we went to see Dracula Untold at an IMAX theater.  I'll tell you right now, I've developed a new crush for Luke Evans.  He has this look to him that I just like more & more.  He's delish!  The movie was pretty good & then we hit up Panera Bread & got some goodies "to go" & headed back to the hotel to dine & get some sleep.

Saturday morning, we headed to the Mall of America.  I really don't know why I request to go there all the time cuz I really only hit the same stores I would hit at any other mall - Justice, Victoria's Secret / Pink & any sports store.  However, in MN, didn't pay to hit up a sports store as I didn't need me any ViQueen attire.  Tee hee!


Anytime I see a Beatle, I must take a picture.  This one from Hard Rock Cafe.


Combo platter - onion rings, chicken tenders, brushetta (sp?), wings & spinach artichoke dip. 


That wing was claimed.




Lego Land!


Then back to the hotel so my husband could poop...he couldn't do it in public.  & then we headed to Mystic Lake for some gambling & to see Julian McCullough (I know him from Chelsea Lately & Love You, Mean It with Whitney Cummings).  He was hilarious & we were right in the front!  So, we got picked on especially Paul ("this guy is dressed like a twelve year old).  Ha!


The view from our seats.


Julian & I after the show.  He told me that he'll have a new show on E!  Yippee!

Sunday, we piled on our Packer gear & headed to a Packer bar downtown Minneapolis.  Let me tell ya, this place was packed from wall to wall with Packer fans.  They actually had a nice setup outside with benches & tables so Paul & I sat out there, ordered some food & cheered on the Pack!


Beer cheese soup & cheese curds - the meal of Packer cheering Cheeseheads!


A view from our seat.

After the game, we headed to our new hotel, hit up Happy Hour (I had a Water Moccasin drink & it was yummy), did some gambling, at the buffet, more gambling & then up to bed early.



Monday was pretty low key.  We got up, packed up our stuff, hit the coffee shop, did some MORE gambling, had a massage at the spa, went back to the Mall of America (I got the wrong sized stuff for Sunshine), to Chick-Fil-A for a late lunch/early supper & then headed home to Wisconsin.

Comments

  1. WELL NOW I WANT CHEESE SOUP whatever the hell that is... but I love cheese... so I'll take it! Also, every other food item. Yup, now I'm hungry.

    I'm glad you guys had such a good time! Jam packed weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, beer cheese soup is amazing! And it's so easy to make...I may have to make it on Sunday for Souper Sunday. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli &/or April.

My five this week is ways to stay warm when it's frickin' freezin' in Central Wisconsin.

  1.  Drinking warm beverages - coffee, cocoa, tea.  Add some Rum Chata or Baileys for a lil extra warmth.  

  2.  Set yourself on fire...or sit really close to a fire &/or space heater.

  3.  Take a long hot bath maybe enjoy your warm beverage as like Olaf is doing.

  4.  Bundle up like Randy does in A Christmas Story - "I can't put my arms down!"

  5.  Just stay in your nice warm bed snuggled up with your cats & a good book or Netflix.