Skip to main content

Musical Monday...


(You Drive Me) Crazy by Britney Spears

I'm losing my mind this morning.  I had a great weekend which I'll post about when I'm in a better mindset & have the pictures ready.  But for now, I must have a vent session.  I know, probably not what you want to read on a Monday but I need it!

Anywho, here are the facts:

  1.  My cats have better work ethic than my seventeen year old stepdaughter.  True fact!  When I give wet food to my two cats - Chandler & Tyrion - I make them sit & sometimes "say please" before I set the dish down in front of them.  If I ask Trouble to bring down her laundry "right away", it's like I've asked her to murder a litter of puppies.  Really?!

  2.  My husband is basically a babysitter not a parent for his own kids.  I thought of this last night.  While he has kept them alive before I came into the picture & continues to do so, he doesn't really teach them anything.  These girls, mostly Trouble, expect everything to be handed to them without any work or appreciation.  It drives me crazy!  When I was on my vacation last weekend, I got each of the girls some goodies from a fudge shop.  Sunshine thanked me as she dug in, Trouble didn't thank me at all.  I got them each something from Under Armour over this past weekend &, again, I got a thank you from Sunshine while I had to drag a thank you out of Trouble.

Why is that most kids nowadays have this feeling of entitlement?  When I went fishing with my cousin, Colton, last week who just graduated from high school, we talked about that.  He has jobs - yes, plural - & he's appreciative & did well in school (silver cords).  I already gave him his graduation present & he gave me a huge hug & thanked me & was so excited about it.  So, I know that there are decent kids out there but it seems that they are the minority.  Does anyone else see that?

Okay, I think that I'm done with my vent session...

Comments

  1. I see it as your parents have to treat you to be grateful. If a kid acts all entitled then it's 100% because of the way their parents raised them. My mom taught me a super strong work ethic and I've worked crazy hours since I was like 16. I also really really love money haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm right there with ya! My mom dug into my head that I had to work for what I wanted & I took that & ran & did pretty well for myself. I was also taught to be respectful & appreciative.

      Any of my friends with younger kids, I tell them to engrave those things into their child's melon when they are young cuz it's hard to do so when they are older. I didn't come into Trouble's life until she was 12 so she was pretty set in her ways & the ways that her father brought her up. Sunshine, on the other hand, was only 8 so I was able to form her a little better.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli (I like the new button, by the way!) &/or Liz.


My five this week are five Christmas gifts that I got for Sunshine.
  1.  Adidas pants.  I had more thing to get her & she mentioned at her gymnastics meeting that she wanted a pair of these.  I got online & picked her up a pair ending my Christmas shopping for her.
  2.  Paper lanterns.  They were on sale one day at The Walmart & I couldn't resist getting them for her to hang in her bedroom.

  3.  A wax warmer & melts.  She has her bedroom upstairs & we don't allow candle burning up there were it cannot be watched.  Plus, with the mess a teenage girl makes, something is bound to catch on fire.  Anywho, so I got her this warmer and some melts that she can use to make things smell all nice & stuff.  :)

  4.  A Pink sweatshirt & matching socks.  I …

Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...that I got my Christmas cards all out last Friday & that people have already been receiving them!  Now, it's my turn to receive some cards to hang on the front door.  I love receiving them & looking at all the smiling faces & reading the fun "family letters" especially from my aunt, Nellie.  :)

I am thankful...that I got to have a nice evening with my mom & her boyfriend last night.  I had to drop off Sunshine's Christmas gift & pick up her pet carrier so I could take all three cats to the vet this morning so she fed me one of my favorite meals that I never get to have at home - tuna casserole.  & then when I got home, Jill was on her way over so I chatted with her, helped Sunshine with her outfit for tomorrow (she has to dress up as the gymnastics team has a meet this weekend) & then to bed to read & such.

I am thankful...for this coloring book that I got Trouble as part of her Christmas present.  I looked through it yes…

Friday Five...

Why, hello, everyone.  'Tis that day of the week when we all pick five things to talk about.  So, if you would like to linkup you can head on over to Karli &/or April.

My five this week is ways to stay warm when it's frickin' freezin' in Central Wisconsin.

  1.  Drinking warm beverages - coffee, cocoa, tea.  Add some Rum Chata or Baileys for a lil extra warmth.  

  2.  Set yourself on fire...or sit really close to a fire &/or space heater.

  3.  Take a long hot bath maybe enjoy your warm beverage as like Olaf is doing.

  4.  Bundle up like Randy does in A Christmas Story - "I can't put my arms down!"

  5.  Just stay in your nice warm bed snuggled up with your cats & a good book or Netflix.